3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » 2013 Hill Gang Hog Hunt (Page 42)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 88 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  86  87  88   
Author Topic: 2013 Hill Gang Hog Hunt
Owlmagnet
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owlmagnet   Email Owlmagnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RC had some great input on firewood on page 31. We can collect firewood in the WMA. I plan on bringing a wood stove for my wall tent.

Bob

Posts: 210 | From: Southen Arizona | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khardrunner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for khardrunner   Author's Homepage   Email khardrunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you want to work it widow? What info do you want and in what order? I'm guessing you want to spread-sheet style this?

--------------------
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Posts: 1315 | From: Stewartstown, Pa | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WidowEater
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WidowEater   Email WidowEater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like everyone who is planning on going to PM me their bows they would be bringing and their specs.

I will compile it somehow (probably a spreadsheet) and then post it here or post a link.

I would sort it out by Makes, Models, and Weight, etc.

I can update it every few weeks as I get more information.

I would like to have this information:

RH/LH:
Make:
Model:
Weight@draw length (what is written on the bow):
Bow Length:
Grip style (straight, dished, etc):
String type used (Fastflite, Dacron, etc.):
Total laminations and what material they are:
Core Lam Material:
Backing material (bamboo, glass, etc.):

I can only store 60 PMs so I will have to keep up on it like crazy at first.

--------------------
Silence over speed. Heavier arrows never hurt.

Posts: 889 | From: Savannah, GA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khardrunner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for khardrunner   Author's Homepage   Email khardrunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Applause widow! This will be a great resource!

--------------------
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Posts: 1315 | From: Stewartstown, Pa | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradlongbow   Email tradlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Troy-

When your finished gathering the information, I can post it on the front page of this thread.

Darren

--------------------
Darren

tradlongbow@yahoo.com

"Archery may not be the sport of all Kings, but Archery is the King of Sports"
Howard Hill

SunSet Hill, stringfollow, 66" 53@27.5",

Posts: 1270 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WidowEater
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WidowEater   Email WidowEater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK folks it is official.

Send your bow specs to me via PM using the above information fomat.

Copy and paste this into the PM box:

quote:
RH/LH:
Make:
Model:
Weight@draw length (what is written on the bow):
Bow Length:
Grip style (straight, dished, etc):
String type used (Fastflite, Dacron, etc.):
Total laminations and what material they are:
Core Lam Material:
Backing material (bamboo, glass, etc.):

Then fill in your bow/bows specs.

I will also categorize whose member name it is as well.

--------------------

Posts: 889 | From: Savannah, GA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moleman
Contributor 2013
Member # 35239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moleman   Email moleman       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea! This should be interesting as well as a great resource as Khardrunner said . Ill more than likely bring a few, but in order to simplify things for you Widow, ill just send you specs. on my go to bow. Youre gonna have a full plate keeping up with this for a time.
Thanks in advance for your time and energy in putting all of this info. together. [clapper]

Posts: 1129 | From: Connersville, IN | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WidowEater
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15528

If you plan on bringing more than one then tell me because this is a resource for the folks going to this Hog Hunt next year.

--------------------

Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This group will give a new meaning to 4-H.

Howard Hill Hog Hunt

"The New 4-H Club"

[biglaugh]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7506 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Page three? I don't think so.

TTT

Hope you can join us Jacques.

Bud

--------------------

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7506 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC
Charter Member
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC   Email RC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can cut firewood on the wma as long as it is already down.Will be no problem finding some . I will try to head up a bit early and have a bit already cut if work allows.You can only build fires at the campground.RC
Posts: 4948 | From: Baxley,Ga | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killinstuff
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killinstuff   Email killinstuff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brother, if all those folks show up, you might want to start cutten now cause you'll need 20 cord of wood for that army.

--------------------
lll

Posts: 1364 | From: Traverse City Michigan | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mac Hicks
2017 Contributor
Member # 13191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mac Hicks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darren,
Been watching this one with great interest since day one, but have not posted due to back and knee surgery this year. Looks like I am getting back where I need to be to hunt this season, so please add my name to the list. Haven't hunted in those swamps since the 70's when I used to bowhunt the Hellhole and Waterhorn units of Francis Marion NF. This should be a lot of fun for the Hill Gang!

--------------------
U.S. Navy Retired 1965-1989
TGMM Family of the Bow

There are 2 secrets to wisdom: 1. Never tell everything you know.

Posts: 445 | From: Charity, Virginia | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradlongbow   Email tradlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mac-

I just added you to the list.

Darren

--------------------
Darren

tradlongbow@yahoo.com

"Archery may not be the sport of all Kings, but Archery is the King of Sports"
Howard Hill

SunSet Hill, stringfollow, 66" 53@27.5",

Posts: 1270 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

ttt

--------------------

This topic comprises 88 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  86  87  88   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©