JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » MICHIGAN - Michigan Traditional Bowhunters » Deer Diary 2010 season 5 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Deer Diary 2010 season 5
Allegan Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allegan Archer   Author's Homepage   Email Allegan Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went out opening morning, saw a rabbit and a hawk.. not even the squirrels that usually give me a lot of entertainment.

Won't get back out for a few days.. have to pay the bills.

--------------------
Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace and power in it.-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Excellence is not a single act, but a habit. ---Aristotle

Posts: 227 | From: Allegan, Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anointed Archer   Email Anointed Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only got out Friday morning and did not see a deer, but oh was it beautiful morning. I just thanked the Lord for allowing me to live in a country where I can still hunt!

--------------------
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Posts: 1734 | From: Greenville, Mi. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mparks
Contributor 2015
Member # 4122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mparks   Author's Homepage   Email mparks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a nice buck right under my stand opening morning. Came and left before daylight. Just caught a glimpse of a tall, narrow rack. I've got my trail cam setup to try and get a better look at him but I think he's a dandy! [archer]

Rained out Saturday AM and only a single doe passing way out of range that evening.

Had a good chance at a doe Sunday AM but wasn't ready to fill that tag yet. Will probably regret it but oh well. Lot's of season left.

Posts: 431 | From: Swartz Creek, MI | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Butler
Contributor 2016
Member # 7393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Butler   Email Rick Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunted last evening till dark, saw nothing. Very breezy with the occasional gust, wind was pretty squirelly.

--------------------
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 2313 | From: Swartz Creek & DeTour Village MI. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xtrema312
Contributor 2014
Member # 18854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xtrema312   Email xtrema312   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday AM I had coons all over the place fighting in the dark for about 45 minutes. I saw a few here and there moving around at first light. Made the hair on the back of my neck stand up with all the odd sounds and a ton of growling and snapping as they went all over the woods and up and down trees around me. It was like nothing I ever heard in the woods before. Saw two small does and a lot of squirrels. I also had a small hawk fly under my stand. Saw nothing Friday night and all day Saturday. I had three trail cams out on typically good spots to see if I missed anything at those stands. Not one pic on the cameras other than me. I have never seen so few deer on an opener. I didn't hunt Sunday due to church and other family stuff. The chancing weather and winds was probably to blame Saturday, but I thought some deer would move from other hunters. I did see Turkeys each day in good numbers. The most I have ever seen on our farm, but no shots. Maybe next time I get up there I will hunt until about 9 or so for deer then set up for a turkey on an open field edge where they have been moving around mid morning.

--------------------
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Posts: 4040 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jacobsladder
Contributor 2014
Member # 11164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jacobsladder   Email jacobsladder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
busted and busted....jumped a spike on my way in to hunt a bedding area.... hunting from the ground... wind in my face....had a doe and fawn behind me at 20 yds.... smelled me...busted again... saw the same doe and fawn sneak thru at about 35 yds 1/2 hour later ... they knew where i was sitting, but never did see me...kept bobbing their head and trying to find me....... got up to head home at dark and jumped another deer 40 yds from me...busted again [banghead]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will" Robert Service

Posts: 3678 | From: dansville ,michigan | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwin   Email Arwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So close!!
I got these two doe on video Saturday night. Had 2 more come through that night.
This morning I had a big body small rack buck chasing 8 doe through the thickets. It was fun to watch and makes me ready for November! [Wink]
 -

--------------------
Just one more step.....please!

Michigan Longbow Association

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Posts: 4272 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anointed Archer   Email Anointed Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big body, small rack, dead deer [bigsmyl]
Good luck Arwin!

--------------------
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Posts: 1734 | From: Greenville, Mi. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Fishell
Contributor 2007
Member # 10380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Fishell   Email Tim Fishell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made it out Saturday night, Sunday morning, & Sunday night. It was great to be in a tree stand again. I seen 3 does Saturday night but it got dark before they worked their way in. I sat on stand until past shooting light trying to give them time to clear the area. I thought they had left because I could no longer hear them but when I got down the lead doe snorted at me from about 40 yards away.

Nothing but squirrels for me Sunday but it was still a nice sit in the woods. [archer]

--------------------
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4788 | From: Holland Michigan | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vesty
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vesty   Email Vesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monday was the first chance I had to get out. Beautiful day but pretty slow in my neck of the woods.I saw one doe at around 9:00am cruising a treeline on the eastern edge of my property. All the corn is still up around me and I've noticed that until that comes down, the movement through my woodlot is diminished. I'll be out again Monday.
Posts: 422 | From: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todweelz
Contributor 2010
Member # 12614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todweelz   Email Todweelz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spent opening day in southernh IN. , had good week, saw ALOT of bucks all out of range, smoked a big doe on Fri. nite, 18yd shot 25yd recovery, watched her fall down. Really like the woodsman heads, although we saw a ton of deer we saw most of them on other farms, while driving our farm had picked the soybeans two weeks ago, by Sat all corn fields were picked as well, those fields full of deer 50+, at least I got my first kill with my Javaman, good luck all. Todd
Posts: 862 | From: North Branch, Michigan | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Cngrats Todd on the big doe!

--------------------

jacobsladder
Contributor 2014
Member # 11164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jacobsladder   Email jacobsladder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats Todd!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will" Robert Service

Posts: 3678 | From: dansville ,michigan | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackP
Contributor 2015
Member # 18310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JackP   Email JackP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on the doe!

I'll be heading up to Curran tomorrow morning for the weekend. Can't wait, shot a doe there last year and hoping to have a repeat this trip.

Good luck to everyone!

Jack

Posts: 179 | From: Lapeer, Michigan | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitebuffalo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitebuffalo   Author's Homepage   Email whitebuffalo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Todd,, Should be great eating,,JB

--------------------
TGMM

Posts: 3057 | From: Stanton,MI | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  20  21  22   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©