JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » MICHIGAN - Michigan Traditional Bowhunters » Deer Diary 2010 season 5 (Page 21)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Deer Diary 2010 season 5
Vesty
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vesty   Email Vesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let us know Todd. Man, we've all been there haven't we. I have yet to have a shot possibility this season. As traditional archers our chances can be as rare as hen's teeth so when opportunity knocks we put all our practice and dedication into play and pray for the best possible results. A clean kill or a clean miss. Both have their satisfaction in an unusual way.
Posts: 420 | From: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
owlbait
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for owlbait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had deer in close but they wouldn't close the distance before shooting time was over. They are digging in some clover on the edge of a thicket. I was set-up in the thick stuff with a small shooting hole to the pawed up area. Really wanted to see if my Rancho Ghillie would help close the deal. Found out my seat is too short and "small" and makes it hard to sit without something falling asleep! Gonna try the turnip field tonight. Much better seat there!

--------------------
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Posts: 6321 | From: Hesperia, Mi | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todweelz
Contributor 2010
Member # 12614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todweelz   Email Todweelz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did manage to smoke the base of the tree that was next to her, no blood, hair, or any indacation of a hit. Lost a woodsman in that tree, marked it with surveyors tape, will recover it in the spring. Found it odd that my nock was split, no sign of it being stepped on, or broken on her retreat, hoping thats what caused a miss to the right at less than 20, and glad it didn't cause a miss fire with my new Javaman, will do a little shooting later and back in the trees on Sun. Good luck and Merry Christmas ! Todd
Posts: 862 | From: North Branch, Michigan | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
owlbait
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for owlbait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5 yards and no shot! Had deer coming to the turnip field and as I grabbed my bow a deer right behind me blew. I knew she couldn't smell me and she settled down and circled to the turnips. 5 yards and broadside but a bit nervous. Just as I'm putting tension on the string and waiting for her to turn her head another deer trots out from downwind and spooks her. What a rush. Worse part is, now my son-in-law won't show me his "secret" spot since I'm starting to see deer again. [dunno]

--------------------

Posts: 6321 | From: Hesperia, Mi | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todweelz
Contributor 2010
Member # 12614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todweelz   Email Todweelz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5 yards and no shot on the ground! I would have had an episode, must have been a rush! If you need help persauding your son-in law, Big Jon and I can swing by and convince him to reveal his good spot. Picked up a lighted nock yesterday, won't not see my arrow again, not sure I will buy more than one, shot in the dark last nite, they sure are brite, pretty cool in flight. Might get out Sunday, maybe a couple more times before the first. Todd
Posts: 862 | From: North Branch, Michigan | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonebuster
Contributor 2011
Member # 11593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonebuster   Author's Homepage   Email Bonebuster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did everybody go?

We go hunt, we get cold, we see some deer, they find us, they run away, we go home. A concentrated version of course, but accurate.

I will add I saw a buck yesterday that had already shed BOTH sides.

Guns are legal here, and the booming we heard at last light was shocking!

Posts: 3495 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todweelz
Contributor 2010
Member # 12614

Guns are a blazing here as well, guess we have a late gun doe season to, yeah! sat last nite, no deer did get a little spooked by the tree I was in, big old cherry, she kept popping and cracking all nite, shook the stand a couple of times. Its a ladder stand, so I just moved it over a couple of trees, I must exceed the weight limit on that tree, put it in a big white pine, maybe out again on weds. Todd
owlbait
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7963

No deer the last 3 sits. Maybe tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm not hunting in a Late Doe Firearms area so it is a bit quieter there. Good luck guys, keep after them.!

--------------------

Arwin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwin   Email Arwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been sick since last Tuesday. [dntthnk]
Tried getting out last night but the cold air isn't mixing well with this chest crud. I thought I could tough it out. Bad idea!!! [nono]

--------------------
Just one more step.....please!

Michigan Longbow Association

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Posts: 4272 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
owlbait
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7963

Saw 3 last night. I'm still tough enough to hunt:>) They walked right past my ground blind and a treestand I just set-up! Wouldn't cross my shooting lane though. Maybe tonight. In the treestand of course.

--------------------

DRR324
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRR324   Email DRR324   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting? The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Posts: 706 | From: Lake, MI (central LP) | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please be well aware that trad gang is an exclusive collection of forums dedicated to the pursuit and sharing of information strictly concerning trad stickbow hunting.

please do not even mention any other form of weaponry.

thank you for your kind attention.

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Patriot Life ~ NRA RSO

Posts: 9968 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drew
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew   Email Drew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[dntthnk] Someone remind me to whack Dave upside the head next time I see him! The boy needs [help] .

Focus Dave, Focus! [laughing]

--------------------
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Posts: 2000 | From: St. Johns, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonebuster
Contributor 2011
Member # 11593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonebuster   Author's Homepage   Email Bonebuster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BEAUTIFUL EVENING!

About 4:45, a big yellow lab came trotting down the deer trail I was perched over. [Mad]

Never saw anything else. Imagine that.

Posts: 3495 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todweelz
Contributor 2010
Member # 12614

Nice night out, saw 2-does around 4pm, were standing under the stand I wasn't in, go figure!, really nice to sit today been a tough week, might squeeze in one more sit. We'll see what the weather has in store for us in the next couple of days, calling for warm and rain. Todd
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©