JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » MICHIGAN - Michigan Traditional Bowhunters » Deer Diary 2010 season 5 (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Deer Diary 2010 season 5
Vesty
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vesty   Email Vesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys. Vesty here. I was able to hunt all day yesterday. Man, what a beautiful day. I was getting absolutely showered with leaves coming down. This is such a beautiful time of year.I saw four deer between 8:00 and 9:00am.None were closer than 75yds. I'm pretty sure they were all does but one that was solitary and stayed in thicker stuff may have been a buck.Had that buck"swagger"as we've all probably seen.A group of two would have slipped by behind me had they not crossed my stream and the sound of them in the water gave them away. The afternoon was quiet and uneventful. My problem with sitting in my stands not seeing deer is that I start thinking about different places to move them! Good grief. I need to just relax and wait. Sooner or later..............................
Posts: 422 | From: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chad graham
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chad graham   Email chad graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my first night out was sat 10-9 no wind and only saw two deer 50 yds. away but it felt good to be back in the woods.sunday 10-10 i was heading back out for a morning hunt,i was up later than normal and new i would be pushing it to be in the stand before light.i managed to slow myself down so i didnt overheat and make any noise even though it was starting to get light and i wanted to hurry to get there.i was able to get up in my stand without spooking the two deer that were 25yds from me,i didnt even know they were there until i was all settled in and then i noticed the dark silhouette that turned out to be a spike and a six point.after about 20 minutes of a few almost shot opportunities, stare downs,breathe holding,and eye squinting i was at full draw at a quartering away deer at 15yds.the arrow was sticking out of the deer as it ran off,it did come out in front of the opposite shoulder but not a total pass through.100yd straight line blood trail.
 -

Posts: 335 | From: eaton rapids michigan | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Fishell
Contributor 2007
Member # 10380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Fishell   Email Tim Fishell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome Chad!! Way to go man! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4788 | From: Holland Michigan | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drew
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew   Email Drew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Not Worthy] [thumbsup] Congrats, must have been all that practice at MTB!

--------------------
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Posts: 2000 | From: St. Johns, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chad graham
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chad graham   Email chad graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks guys,here are pics of the entrance and exit,sure beats a wyoming heart shot i think you guys call it!?!  -
 -

Posts: 335 | From: eaton rapids michigan | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chad graham
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16961

my 2year old son ziggy enjoying his first fresh tenderloins,he loved it and his mom told me the next morning for breakfast he said " i want some deer, pweese!"
 -
 -

Todweelz
Contributor 2010
Member # 12614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todweelz   Email Todweelz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chad, great job ! nice shot, now go fill some more tags Todd
Posts: 862 | From: North Branch, Michigan | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Junction hunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Junction hunter   Email Junction hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Chad:) [Smile]
Posts: 188 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Great Jashu
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Great Jashu   Email The Great Jashu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I havent posted yet, since I had not filled any tags. Been seeing lots of deer until the last few days. The October lull is here, and I am only seeing a few deer a day. Tonight I sat in my pop up blind on the edge of an oat field. The blind in buried in the prairie and brushed in very well. Deer enter the field right by this blind, so I thought it was a good bet with the lack of wind. After a half hour or so, I look up to see a turkey walking by at 15 yards. Well! I have a tag for that. Besides I need to get some blood on the Northern Mist Ottawa Recurve I bought this summer. Along with a set of Sitka Spruce arrows I bought from Dave Pagel off the site here. So, I draw and release.. Whiff! Couldnt believe I shot right in front the bird. Well since I was concealled in a pop up blind, none of the other birds knew what was up. Just a stick fell from the trees... Knocking a second arrow the whole group shows up. I say "relax", and send the second arrow into the ten ring on another bird. It flips over, walks about 10 yds, and that was it! I am convinced those blinds are the cats pajamas for turkeys. Those shoot through screens dont affect the arrow at all. Now the hard one is out of the way, I can fill some deer tags. Sorry I didnt take any photos since I stayed and hunted till sundown. No light for a good picture.

Chad- Nice Buck! Beautiful shot too. Cant wait for my boy to start eating venison. Good for you!

--------------------
No hunter should feel guilty for killing a deer that doesnt meet someone else's expectations.

Posts: 569 | From: Sidney, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitebuffalo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitebuffalo   Author's Homepage   Email whitebuffalo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job John,, Those shoot threw screens are sweet,,JB

--------------------
TGMM

Posts: 3057 | From: Stanton,MI | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bow man
SPONSOR
Member # 13512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bow man   Author's Homepage   Email Bow man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratsulations to those that have taken deer

--------------------
You worked to hard and paid a lot of money for that new bow. Why would you trust protecting it to anything less than Thunderbird Epoxy!!!
www.tbirdarchery.com
www.stjoeriverbows.com

Posts: 2682 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T Folts
Contributor 2017
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T Folts   Email T Folts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snuck up, well kinda stumbled up on two last nite in the rain. Had I been ready I could have taken one of them, saw a total of 5 but I dont think I would have shot even if I was given the chance. I was waiting out the rain and it didnt stop till dark... next time.

--------------------
US ARMY 1984-1988

Posts: 2306 | From: Fowlerville,MI | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Great Jashu
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Great Jashu   Email The Great Jashu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by whitebuffalo:
Great job John,, Those shoot threw screens are sweet,,JB

Stop calling me John!

--------------------
No hunter should feel guilty for killing a deer that doesnt meet someone else's expectations.

Posts: 569 | From: Sidney, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todweelz
Contributor 2010
Member # 12614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todweelz   Email Todweelz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning today, had an 8pt follow me in! while i was getting in my tree and sitting down, nice 8 walked up the same trail I had just come in on. He stood about 20yds away for 10-15 min, downwind of me, finally turned slowly and walked out into the field.
Ten minutes later two does pull the same stunt!, about an hour passes and the squirrels in front of me all looked behind me, uh-oh, sure enough same 8pt, slipped up the pines silently and is now standing 10yds away broadside and looking back out to the field. By the time i got my bow and body in position to shoot, there is a large pine tree betwen us, all i can see is his head and posterior end.
Buck manages to evade getting the air let out of him several times over the next twenty minutes, he passed by my stand 3 times[love acorns], inside twenty yards, without giving me a clean shot. Then just slipped away into the thicket north of me, very cool morning. Bumped a 6pt and two does on the way out to my truck. First deer I've seen in MI this year, frost Sat. morning can't wait. Todd

Posts: 862 | From: North Branch, Michigan | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackP
Contributor 2015
Member # 18310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JackP   Email JackP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shot my biggest buck with a bow tonight. A four point, not huge but I'm real happy. Haven't shot a buck in about 2 - 3 years. Will post pictures later when I get them up! Made a double lung shot at about 5-7 yards .. he only made it about 40 yards if that. Best blood trail I have ever seen. Shot him with my Robertson Vision Falcon 62" 59@28, 2117 autumn
orange arrow tipped with a 170 grain snuffer.

Good luck to all.

Jack

Posts: 179 | From: Lapeer, Michigan | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  20  21  22   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©