JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » MICHIGAN - Michigan Traditional Bowhunters » DEER DIARY 2013 SEASON (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: DEER DIARY 2013 SEASON
finkm1
Contributor 2017
Member # 22045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for finkm1   Email finkm1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shot a 8pt tonight a little after 6:00. I looked to my right and he was sniffing a mock scrape I had just freshened up. He started getting spooky and walked around angling to my right. I was able to stand up in my ladder stand and turn to my right then made a grunt by mouth to stop him and made a good shot. He ran about 75 yards. Shot was a pass through.
Redeemed myself for the miss last week.

--------------------
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Posts: 658 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anointed Archer   Email Anointed Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome Mike, congratulations [clapper]

--------------------
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Posts: 1735 | From: Greenville, Mi. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anointed Archer   Email Anointed Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations [thumbsup]

--------------------
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Posts: 1735 | From: Greenville, Mi. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoubleJ1929
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoubleJ1929   Email DoubleJ1929   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go guys!! Great to hear some deer hitting the ground.

--------------------
Morrison Dakota 58" 56@28
Bob Lee Signature 60" 56@28
Bear Super Grizzly 58" 50@28
Robertson Falcon Vision 60" 61@27

Posts: 145 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PEARL DRUMS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEARL DRUMS   Email PEARL DRUMS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job Mike
Posts: 3690 | From: CENTRAL MICHIGAN | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bear1336
Contributor 2014
Member # 1161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bear1336   Email bear1336   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congats Mike

--------------------
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Posts: 2830 | From: Covington, Ga | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PEARL DRUMS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEARL DRUMS   Email PEARL DRUMS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave your signature is the best I have ever read, I love it!
Posts: 3690 | From: CENTRAL MICHIGAN | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonebuster
Contributor 2011
Member # 11593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonebuster   Author's Homepage   Email Bonebuster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we had a great four days of hunting!

My 15 yr old son took his first trad buck with his Bear Montana.(will try to get a picture up ASAP) He used the option this year for one buck of any size, because last year he had to pass a few small bucks...so now he has only antlerless tags for archery season, but he does not care!

We witnessed a PACK of coyotes ACTIVELY pursue a healthy, uninjured spike buck...these coyotes hunted this little buck exactly as wolves do...UNTIL we ruined their plans. Then went back after dark with the calls, lights, and .22 magnums, but THAT is a story for another venue!

A perfect quartering away shot put his Zwickey broadhead thru all the good stuff, and the buck was on the ground in less than ten seconds.

I put tension on the string a few times, but never released an arrow. A huge doe led her family group right by my position, but I just watched them pass...not because I didn`t want to kill a deer, but rather I didn`t NEED to kill a deer. The crisp October morning brought out my lazy bone I guess, and instead, I hung my bow back up and listened to my pounding heart.

Happy rut everybody!...will get pics up when we figure out the new camera.

Posts: 3496 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonebuster
Contributor 2011
Member # 11593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonebuster   Author's Homepage   Email Bonebuster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on the bucks guys! and as I said...Happy Rut!
Posts: 3496 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vesty
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vesty   Email Vesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations to your son! My son took his first buck this year so I know what a proud Papa feels like. It's wonderful.
Posts: 422 | From: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mparks
Contributor 2015
Member # 4122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mparks   Author's Homepage   Email mparks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go guys! Happy rut indeed!
Posts: 431 | From: Swartz Creek, MI | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PEARL DRUMS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22986

Stinkin' rain storm is sitting right on top of the central part of the lower, bummer. Looks like mid day should be good though, soon as the rain clears they will be on their feet.
mparks
Contributor 2015
Member # 4122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mparks   Author's Homepage   Email mparks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No deer moving this morning but this hen gave me a shot! First with a bow and first fall bird.

-

Posts: 431 | From: Swartz Creek, MI | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mparks
Contributor 2015
Member # 4122

Looks like I'm done buck hunting for this year.:

-

Full story is up on the PowWow.

Tim Fishell
Contributor 2007
Member # 10380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Fishell   Email Tim Fishell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow congrats Mick!! You're having a fantastic year. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4788 | From: Holland Michigan | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©