JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » MICHIGAN - Michigan Traditional Bowhunters » DEER DIARY 2013 SEASON (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: DEER DIARY 2013 SEASON
Vesty
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vesty   Email Vesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent job, Mick. That is one great looking deer. I call them the "typical" Michigan 8pt. We see them often and it is a great blessing when we connect on one.
Posts: 422 | From: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T Folts
Contributor 2017
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T Folts   Email T Folts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great season this year. I was able to shoot a six point in Baldwin on state land in the middle of October and shot this 9 point this morning.

-

[ November 06, 2013, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Tim Fishell ]

--------------------
US ARMY 1984-1988

Posts: 2306 | From: Fowlerville,MI | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T Folts
Contributor 2017
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T Folts   Email T Folts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone help me with this pic photo bucket sucks.

--------------------
US ARMY 1984-1988

Posts: 2306 | From: Fowlerville,MI | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todweelz
Contributor 2010
Member # 12614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todweelz   Email Todweelz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Terry, how about some details bow specs, shot , recovery ?
Posts: 862 | From: North Branch, Michigan | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Fishell
Contributor 2007
Member # 10380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Fishell   Email Tim Fishell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Terry.

--------------------
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4788 | From: Holland Michigan | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T Folts
Contributor 2017
Member # 5126

I was hunting a spot I have near my home that has no pressure, I only hunt it if the wind is right and my stand is just out side a bedding area with alot of travel. Got in my stand and bumped a deer as I got to it, waited ofr daylight and about 7:05 a button buck approaches my stand by himself just milling aroud, I usually see him with his mom and sister, last week he came 20 yards from my stand and bedded down in the evening I figure his mom and sister are being harassed by bucks so he waits to meet back with them here, well yesterday he is near my stand and I hear a buck grunting and I see a buck going past me to a white oak the feed under often, he spots the button buck and comes in to check him out and the buck gets about 15 yards broad side standing there but the button buck is facing me and as soon as the little one turns his head I hit anchor and double lung the buck. The arrow passes through and sticks in the ground. He ran about 40 yards or so, I didnt see him go down so I backed out for 2 hrs and returned for a easy track. I used my 46# longbow with gt3555 arrows and a STOS broadhead 185 gr w/insert. I've shot 4 bucks with this bow. The deer weight was 149# dressed.

--------------------
US ARMY 1984-1988

Todweelz
Contributor 2010
Member # 12614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todweelz   Email Todweelz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats guys ! good to see nice deer falling to trad bows. It has inspired me to take the longbow back in the woods, couple of you know I had a tough season two yrs ago. 3-misses, a shoulder hit and a high hit. Both hit deer were later taken during the gun season, no harm no foul. Just left my confidence shaken up.
Took the wheels out last season and start of this one, 6 shots 6-deer in the freezer. Not sure why the shot sequence was so interupted before but all seems to be back on track. Shooting very well w Tanjavur, ready to to get after them again. Super busy in the shop now [might be why I was off b4 alot of stress going full time w own business] I'm free to hunt sun,mon,+tues a.m, Woodsman sharpened and ready, Thanks again for sharing your success and stories, Todd

Posts: 862 | From: North Branch, Michigan | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2016
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats guys! I have 4 glorious days off to hit the woods starting today, heading up to camp in a few.

Good luck this weekend!

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4669 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PEARL DRUMS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEARL DRUMS   Email PEARL DRUMS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice deer Terry.........and I agree, Photosucket bucks!
Posts: 3690 | From: CENTRAL MICHIGAN | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonebuster
Contributor 2011
Member # 11593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonebuster   Author's Homepage   Email Bonebuster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it`s after dark on November 30th...it`s over.
Posts: 3496 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PEARL DRUMS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEARL DRUMS   Email PEARL DRUMS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.....aaaaahhhhhhh........and its fairly mild weather wise.

EHD made for yet another uneventful deer season around me for several miles east and west. Truth is? I dont mind it. I find the older I get the less the deer matter in the scenario. I can wait, I have time.

Posts: 3690 | From: CENTRAL MICHIGAN | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DGF
Contributor 2012
Member # 35052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DGF   Email DGF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had some luck up north during rifle season but have been striking out with the bow.

I sat again tonight with no luck out in Ravenna in Muskegon county. They didn't feel the pain of the ehd much last year but were the only county I've heard of this year with any sizeable dieoff. I'm determined to kill a deer out there yet this year out of fear of losing the property as a hunting spot. The property owner farms the property and simply put, wants to see blood. If I strike out this year it will be 2 years in a row and I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to throw another hunter out there.

-Dan

Posts: 229 | From: Wyoming, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoubleJ1929
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoubleJ1929   Email DoubleJ1929   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunted Saturday and Sunday. Saturday put kill shot on a six point that was freshly wounded (back leg shot off). A father and son stopped when we were getting to the truck asking if we had seen a wounded deer that his son had shot. Took him to the deer and helped them tag and load it up. Young mans second deer ever. He quickly realized he didn't kill that deer but was very excited and appreciateive all the same. Good stuff.
Yesterday had four doe come in right at dark nothing in the morning.
Felt good being out there!!

--------------------
Morrison Dakota 58" 56@28
Bob Lee Signature 60" 56@28
Bear Super Grizzly 58" 50@28
Robertson Falcon Vision 60" 61@27

Posts: 145 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
finkm1
Contributor 2017
Member # 22045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for finkm1   Email finkm1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 2 stands left up on public land. I will get out for the 2nd archery season in a week or two. Need to let the "smoke pole shooters" have there fun.

--------------------
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Posts: 658 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonebuster
Contributor 2011
Member # 11593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonebuster   Author's Homepage   Email Bonebuster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of my familiar areas have a very poor deer population, so hunting those areas for a late season doe is out of the question.

Firearms season was hard on an already stressed population...so I guess all I can do is NOT hunt those spots.

I was going to try a new spot this morning, but got called in to work last night...the property owner says you gotta be in position EARLY or we will spook them out...we will see.

Posts: 3496 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©