JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » MICHIGAN - Michigan Traditional Bowhunters » What's up (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's up
Graps
Contributor 2017
Member # 39874

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Graps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I visited the Michigan Traditional Bow hunters booth at the Kalamazoo trad show this year . I paid the dues for a family and I have never heard anything sense . No conformation of membership and no news letter .
What gives ?

--------------------
"Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow. " Fred Bear
Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. Matthew 10:31

}}}}}=========€ >

Posts: 2205 | From: Sparta , Michigan | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
last arrow
Contributor 2017
Member # 7746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for last arrow   Email last arrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm there with you. As dead as this site has gone makes you wonder.

--------------------
“The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted.” James Madison

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Posts: 923 | From: West Olive, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graps
Contributor 2017
Member # 39874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can think of a better way to waste $20

--------------------
"Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow. " Fred Bear
Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. Matthew 10:31

}}}}}=========€ >

Posts: 2205 | From: Sparta , Michigan | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PEARL DRUMS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEARL DRUMS   Email PEARL DRUMS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hard to tell the shoot is only a few weeks off.......crickets......
Posts: 3690 | From: CENTRAL MICHIGAN | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ronp
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ronp   Email ronp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Graps:
I can think of a better way to waste $20

Thank you, Sir, for the reminder...I have to send in my $20.00 for my annual dues. I can't think of a better investment. Check out the jamboree at the end of June. I don't think you'll find a better event and I'm sure you won't find a nicer group of people anywhere. Thanks [archer2]

--------------------
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
NYTB
MTB

Posts: 5452 | From: Parish, New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tomwatson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tomwatson   Email tomwatson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale, your membership was received. Do to mailing costs, membership cards no longer go out. The latest magazine should be in the mail. I have not received my copy yet, so I am a little concerned. Seems to be a problem with the mailer perhaps. I am going to give it a little bit, and contact them if nothing shows.

Tom

--------------------
“To chase game with the ghosts of other hunters from other times-that's all he really asks." - The Restless Spirit.

Posts: 335 | From: Dundee, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tomwatson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tomwatson   Email tomwatson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, the club is in dire need of new council members. We could use a few fine members like your to pitch in and serve. Fresh blood is always needed in any club.

Tom

--------------------
“To chase game with the ghosts of other hunters from other times-that's all he really asks." - The Restless Spirit.

Posts: 335 | From: Dundee, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
last arrow
Contributor 2017
Member # 7746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for last arrow   Email last arrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received my copy of the traditional trails today so the magazine is out. I think in this age the best way to operate would be from an email list. That way cost and time for communications are minimal.

--------------------
“The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted.” James Madison

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Posts: 923 | From: West Olive, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Stewart
Contributor 2015
Member # 12017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Stewart   Email Jon Stewart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got mine yesterday as well. Hope to see everyone in Grayling in a couple of weeks. Got some new 3 D targets to replace the old ones and probably the best 2 D painted targets in the state.
Posts: 2894 | From: Norton Shores, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ronp
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ronp   Email ronp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Stewart:
Got mine yesterday as well. Hope to see everyone in Grayling in a couple of weeks. Got some new 3 D targets to replace the old ones and probably the best 2 D painted targets in the state.

Probably the best 2D targets in N. America, Jon! I hope I can get back there next June. I'll work on my time off days...

--------------------
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
NYTB
MTB

Posts: 5452 | From: Parish, New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kill shot
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kill shot   Author's Homepage   Email kill shot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The MTB is a little stagnet. We need to brain storm together to spruce it up a bit. I suggested chapters for MTB. Still think it's a good idea. We need more than the jamboree, bunny stomp and the banquet.
Posts: 1051 | From: kent city,mi | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drew
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew   Email Drew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kill shot:
We need more than the jamboree, bunny stomp and the banquet.

The Bunny Stomp is NOT an MTB event, I tried to combine the Bunny Stomp with the MTB rabbit hunt and it was shot down by the council.

--------------------
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Posts: 2000 | From: St. Johns, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kill shot
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kill shot   Author's Homepage   Email kill shot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drew, why was it shot down?
Posts: 1051 | From: kent city,mi | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Stewart
Contributor 2015
Member # 12017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Stewart   Email Jon Stewart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't shot down by the council. The council had committed to supporting the Wounded Warriors at the Wounded Warrior camp prior to being approached to join forces with the Bunny Stomp. I understand that there is an attempt to join forces this winter to support the St Jude's event.
Posts: 2894 | From: Norton Shores, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fireball31
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fireball31   Email fireball31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Avoid the WWP if at all possible. There are much better organizations to deal with where the money actually makes it down to the wounded warriors.
Posts: 716 | From: Sand lake, MI | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©