JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » MICHIGAN - Michigan Traditional Bowhunters » Grayling Bow Camp 2016 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Grayling Bow Camp 2016
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anointed Archer   Email Anointed Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When - October 8th - 15th

Where - Canoe Harbor State Camp Grounds

Again this year we will be camping at Canoe Harbor State forest campgrounds located right on the beautiful Ausable River.

Like always you’re welcome to stay the whole week or just a day or two if that is all time allows you. The majority of the people will come up for and extended weekend or some come up for both weekends whatever fits in your schedule. This is a family oriented camp so we encourage the wives and young hunters to come and experience camp life.

--------------------
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Posts: 1735 | From: Greenville, Mi. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2016
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really hoping to make it up this season, I'll check out the area during the Jamboree weekend hopefully. I have a brother in Higgins Lake that I love to visit when he's not on the road. Sounds like a great time!

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4669 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anointed Archer   Email Anointed Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope to see you at the jamboree!

--------------------
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Posts: 1735 | From: Greenville, Mi. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Stewart
Contributor 2015
Member # 12017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Stewart   Email Jon Stewart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damon, make sure you chase me down at the jamboree. I will most likely be running around on the ranger getting things set up.

As always it will be great to see the Wilcox clan there. Them grandsons walk away with the long target shoot every year. Target may be a tad bit smaller this year, LOL

Posts: 2894 | From: Norton Shores, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Our season is getting closer, although these 90 degree temps don't make it seem close at all! However it is time to put in for your doe tags, if you are interested in getting a permit for the area camp is in its Unit 020.

Scouting report as of the end of July looks very promising! Deer tracks everywhere, especially in a couple of my favorite spots [Wink] . I hope to get back up there at least one more time before camp!

Until then shoot well and often!

--------------------

Jon Stewart
Contributor 2015
Member # 12017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Stewart   Email Jon Stewart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff:
What is the fishing like?

What are the camp sites like? Ok for a trailer?

Potable water available?

Got the deer tied up?

Lets see what other important things do I need to ask? lol

Posts: 2894 | From: Norton Shores, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Hey Jon some of the best fishing in the state! There are plenty of good sized camp sites, I have no problem with my 30ft trailer. There is no power and hand pump water. The bathrooms are well maintained and the river is beautiful!

--------------------

PEARL DRUMS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEARL DRUMS   Email PEARL DRUMS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its flies only Jon. No spinning gear or live bait is allowed. Its a designated trophy trout stretch, and trust me, it is just that. The bag limit is very limited as well. Its plastered on signs up and down the two-track and at every landing or pull off.
Posts: 3690 | From: CENTRAL MICHIGAN | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Just to add to what Chris said, out of camp it's fly's only but there are several lakes and other parts of the river that you can fish with regular tackle.

--------------------

PEARL DRUMS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEARL DRUMS   Email PEARL DRUMS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, Neff Lake, Wakely Lake, Jones Lake, Lake Margarethe and so on. Plus, there are stretches of the Au Sable towards town that are open for live bait and lures. Lots of options for fishing in Gods country [Smile]
Posts: 3690 | From: CENTRAL MICHIGAN | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Stewart
Contributor 2015
Member # 12017

Is it fly's only or fly gear only. I have caught a ton of trout on the fly's only stretch of the PM using a wet fly and spinning rod.

Wife and I are talking about making this trip this fall. I would like to metal detect the old gun ranges and do some fishing.

PEARL DRUMS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22986

Flies only Jon. You can use a spinning rod and wet flies.
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Jon, you should Google the George Mason Resort it's location is only a few miles down river from us. His resort had it's own private airport and he entertained hundreds of celebrities in it's day. I bet your metal detector would be fun there.

--------------------

PEARL DRUMS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22986

Good call Jeff. Not much left of it anymore, but enough to see where it was. I bet you could find some neat stuff around that place.
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

We just got back from a two day scouting trip to the Mason Track and deer sign is looking good! We found one area where acorn's where already on the ground. We seen deer in a couple of our go to spots and tracks everywhere. We definitely liked what we seen! The wait is on [Smile]

-

-

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©