JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » MICHIGAN - Michigan Traditional Bowhunters » Disappointed in the jamboree (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Disappointed in the jamboree
Drew
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew   Email Drew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PEARL DRUMS:
Typical Sparty grad......can't read-can't comprehend, here's your degree!

Go Blue!

Zip it walmart wolverine!

--------------------
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Posts: 2000 | From: St. Johns, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kill shot
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kill shot   Author's Homepage   Email kill shot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was motivated when I left the shoot. Your constructive critisism actually works in the other direction but thats o-k as there is always one of you everywhere you go. Maybe I'm one of those too. Any how, is there any more openings on the board? Don't matter if not, I'll be there for ya. Could we come up with a squirrel hunt like the rabbitt hunt in early fall? Something.
Posts: 1051 | From: kent city,mi | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ronp
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ronp   Email ronp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for your wife, Kill Shot.

I don't like to see the word "disappointed" associated with the MTB Jamboree. I made the trip out there again last week and was very happy with the shoot and really had a great time visiting with the folks I met there before and meeting new people. The ranges were again awesome, and the weather really nice for camping. FREE camping! I'm still amazed at the 2D targets, the folks that make them are artists.

It was really good meeting up with Jon, and listening to the history of the shoot and the Hansen Hills area. And really cool learning about the Mackinaw bridge and its history.

This is definitely a family orientated event, so be careful not to criticize it, because it'd be terrible if it's lost. I have to drive about 100 miles from my home to get to the closest traditional 3d event. If you need to go to a shoot to shop, drive on over to Denton Hill this month. There are more than enough vendors to sell you stuff. And plenty of crowds to go along with them. And there are certainly a bunch of good sponsors here on TradGang that'll be glad to sell you anything you need. And anyway, Larry from Lost Nation puts out quite a display and has pretty much anything you'd need at the shoot.

Thanks to all the good people that put on the jamboree and contribute to the event. There is a ton of hard work that goes into putting this on, I'm sure. I'm already looking forward to attending again in the future!

--------------------
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
NYTB
MTB

Posts: 5452 | From: Parish, New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kill shot
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kill shot   Author's Homepage   Email kill shot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not that I need to shop, it's that what could bring more people to the jamboree. And yes it takes a ton of work to put on a shoot. More venders was just another idea but maybe not a good one. Is there any other ideas out there. I have never been to the jamboree before and thought it would have had more archers than what was there. Maybe there isn't as many traditional bowhunters as I think there should be. Yes the place was a nice place to shoot. And thanks to the great people that did that ton of work. I had a friend who was dissapointed in Mount Rushmore. He thought it was bigger than that.
Posts: 1051 | From: kent city,mi | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
finkm1
Contributor 2017
Member # 22045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for finkm1   Email finkm1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its time for this thread to rest in peace. Enjoy the 4th of July holiday gentlemen. [archer]

--------------------
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Posts: 658 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kill shot
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16036

over and out
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure hope you guys can re-invigorate your members. It would be sad to see a long running trad event fail due to lack of local participation.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4691 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kill shot
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16036

Sam, thats what I'm talking about. I would like people to be "pumped" for the next event.
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Children, children play nice. If things have declined a bit , now is the time to start getting everybody fired up about next year, but don't fuss at each other. I wish I could visit Michigan and shoot with y'all, especially since my daughter just moved to Lansing this week to start a new job at MSU.

Bye the way, if you have a bit of school rivalry going on, come on down south and check out the Auburn/Alabama rivalry. Now THAT is a rivalry! WAR EAGLE!

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4691 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kill shot
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16036

Sam, you are right. My brother-in-law is from Ohio and is a buckeye fan. I'm a wolverine fan. Nuff said about that. And now is the time to get people fired up for next year. Thank you. I need to use words like "declined" instead of words like "disapointed". But I'm disapointed that things have declined.
PEARL DRUMS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEARL DRUMS   Email PEARL DRUMS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by finkm1:
I think its time for this thread to rest in peace. Enjoy the 4th of July holiday gentlemen. [archer]

Did you see me wave at you on US27 slow poke? I was coming home from a camping weekend with my wife. It was near Clare when I passed you.
Posts: 3690 | From: CENTRAL MICHIGAN | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tajue17
Contributor 2017
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3111 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tajue17
Contributor 2017
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops sorry pearl drums I didn't catch that last post asking to end this thread so I deleted my posts and I will leave it be,, good luck to you guys and keep us posted.

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3111 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

No, don't retire this thread. Instead, use it as a starting point to re-establish the communications to get things going for next year. You guys seem to be fired up, so use the fire to fix things. Maybe I can shoot with y'all sometime.

--------------------
Sam

finkm1
Contributor 2017
Member # 22045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for finkm1   Email finkm1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Chris, don't remember if I seen you or not. Probably didn't recognize your rig. By Clare I was trying to convince my wife to stop at Jay's but we stopped at the welcome center instead. Nice weekend the weekend before the 4th, my wife and I camped at Lake Margereth near Grayling.

--------------------
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Posts: 658 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©