JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » MICHIGAN - Michigan Traditional Bowhunters » Deer Diary Season 6 (let's bring it back!) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Deer Diary Season 6 (let's bring it back!)
Drew
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12039

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Drew   Email Drew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's get Big Jim's thread back up and going with opening day just a few mornings away!

Post your stories, pics, adventures, mishaps, and or anything about being in the woods during bow season!

Be safe, life line and strap in, shoot straight, and good luck!

[archer2]

--------------------
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Posts: 2004 | From: St. Johns, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PEARL DRUMS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEARL DRUMS   Email PEARL DRUMS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll start the show.

My son and I went out Sunday morning. I was very excited as he hasn't bow hunted but decided this was his year to get serious. I felt rejuvenated. It was a gorgeous cool morning. I saw a few bucks sparring and a small handful of does and fawns. Jakey saw a decent buck (they all are, aren't they?)and a handful of does. He hasn't stopped talking about that morning yet. Thats EXACTLY why we do this.

Posts: 3705 | From: CENTRAL MICHIGAN | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anointed Archer   Email Anointed Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slow start for us in my neck of the woods . We've only seen a couple small does and one little buck. Hopefully this cool front coming through will get things rolling again.

--------------------
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Posts: 1744 | From: Greenville, Mi. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2016
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck, guys. I can't get out until this weekend. I'm pretty excited as I couldn't shoot for months. Now that I can get my 40#er back I've been hammering the targets at home and camp.

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4755 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drew
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew   Email Drew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw 4 last night, right at last, last, last light...they kept me in my stand till well after dark. Dang weather!

--------------------

Posts: 2004 | From: St. Johns, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anointed Archer   Email Anointed Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Was blessed today.

--------------------
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Posts: 1744 | From: Greenville, Mi. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drew
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew   Email Drew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work Jeff- that must be the go to bow! congrats!

--------------------

Jon Stewart
Contributor 2015
Member # 12017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Stewart   Email Jon Stewart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My season started Sept 10. Shot a bear in the U.P. at 6 yards using a recurve bow my dad gave me back in 69, using one of his arrows and heads that he killed a deer with and using the same tree that he killed two bear out of. It was the 3rd bear I saw that night.

Deer season has been a bit slow. We are in an antler point restriction and have to wait for the right buck to come along. I let some smaller deer go. Missed 3 squirrels one night. Wife has been hunting with me using a self bow that Pearl Drums gave her. She has yet to take a shot.

Nice buck Jeff.

Posts: 2912 | From: Norton Shores, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2016
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice buck, congrats!

Saw 6 in two groups on Sunday, one was a button with long buttons-almost looked like a mini velvet spike. The rest were all females, which wouldn't offer up their ribs.

Spent most of my time insulating and paneling my little shabin on my 3 day weekend. Heading to a farm in Sparta tomorrow afternoon where I've seen a couple nice bucks on past hunts. Totally different animals when not pressured like on public land.

--------------------

Posts: 4755 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PEARL DRUMS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEARL DRUMS   Email PEARL DRUMS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice deer, Jeff. I have been out once since opening morning. Seen small handful of does and fawns.
Posts: 3705 | From: CENTRAL MICHIGAN | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drew
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12039

deer are moving at last light for me...hoping some corn comes off soon...

--------------------

wooddamon1
Contributor 2016
Member # 26099

Didn't see a thing in Sparta with the wind. The corn was picked and there was hardly anything left on the field.

Took a quick trip to camp this afternoon and sat til dark at a spot and another big fat 0. They're definitely moving later now, had to hit the brakes twice on the way home.

For anyone who follows moon phases, starting Thursday around noon it's supposed to kick off the seeking phase I hear tell...heading back up this weekend and not planning on doing much besides eating and hunting. My 13 year old nephew gave me some venison steaks since I haven't killed one in a few seasons, lol. Fajitas Saturday for dinner!

--------------------

last arrow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for last arrow   Email last arrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally made it up to camp. 6 deer seen over the weekend, a doe with two fawns and 3 sub legal bucks. One of the bucks, had about 6-inch spikes, gave me an easy 10 yard shot, but in the APR area so couldn't do it. Maybe next weekend.

--------------------
“The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted.” James Madison

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Posts: 938 | From: West Olive, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PEARL DRUMS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22986

I spent last week in Clare county camping/hunting state forest land. It was tough hunting with the heat and strong winds, I saw 9 deer. One being a 4 point. Lots of pats around which meant lots of dogs and hunters as well.
wooddamon1
Contributor 2016
Member # 26099

Got back to camp for an early lunch Sunday around 10:30 and watched 5 deer stroll through the front part of the property past an old stick blind I slapped together for turkeys. 3 does and couldn't quite see the other 2 well enough to tell, but their bodies looked the same size as the does. Can't hunt again til Monday afternoon, looking forward to it with this colder weather...

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©