JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » MICHIGAN - Michigan Traditional Bowhunters » Deer Diary Season 6 (let's bring it back!) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Deer Diary Season 6 (let's bring it back!)
last arrow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for last arrow   Email last arrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw nothing but rain, got nothing but wet this weekend.

--------------------
“The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted.” James Madison

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Posts: 944 | From: West Olive, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bow man
SPONSOR
Member # 13512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bow man   Author's Homepage   Email Bow man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weather has sure changed hoping to get back out hunting this weekend. This is my favorite time of the season to hunt. If the weather cooperates. Snow and cold get the deer moving. Anybody else still hoping to hunt?

--------------------
You worked to hard and paid a lot of money for that new bow. Why would you trust protecting it to anything less than Thunderbird Epoxy!!!
www.tbirdarchery.com
www.stjoeriverbows.com

Posts: 2742 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
last arrow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for last arrow   Email last arrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was up to camp last weekend but not a lot of success. Not sure when I will be able to get back out.

--------------------
“The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted.” James Madison

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Posts: 944 | From: West Olive, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2018
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't get back out until next weekend, looking forward to it. Dug out the snow camo and touched up the heads last night.

Had a little action recently when I held low on a nice 8 and he didn't even flinch at the shot. Watched a couple hairs drop off his chest, he shuffled sideways a couple steps looking down then wandered off. Thought I hit him at first but no blood, the hairs were sheared off clean.

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4800 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bow man
SPONSOR
Member # 13512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bow man   Author's Homepage   Email Bow man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sat a week ago seen a bunch of deer. Sat last night nothing. Difference was weather the cold and snow had deer up feeding warm now and snow is gone. So not needing to be up eating as much is my guess

--------------------
You worked to hard and paid a lot of money for that new bow. Why would you trust protecting it to anything less than Thunderbird Epoxy!!!
www.tbirdarchery.com
www.stjoeriverbows.com

Posts: 2742 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
STICKBENDER98
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 18516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STICKBENDER98   Email STICKBENDER98   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went out and sat Saturday night the 23rd. Beautiful night, had two big does come in right at dark, as I reached for my bow the top limb tip brushed against the top of the tent, they both practically turned themselves inside out getting out of there. Going to give it a couple more tries before season closes.

Jason

--------------------
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try! Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Posts: 641 | From: Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2018
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be back out for a couple hunts this weekend, never shot one this late in the season, hoping to change that. [saywhat] Might have to move a stand a little closer to a draw off the side of a ridge where I found the freshest sign. They've been pawing for red oak acorns.

Good luck to anyone else still trying! [archer2]

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4800 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©