Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » OHIO - Ohio Society of Traditional Archers » Primitive Archers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Primitive Archers
ChuckS
Member # 18778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckS   Email ChuckS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2010 I'm going Primitive. I'm looking for other Ohio Primitive Archers to share a camp and hunt?
Hoping to learn more about our archery beginnings and primitive skills.
However, I'm not into Loin Clothes or B-A-R-E Hunting!

--------------------
SHOOT-CAST-TALK...STRAIGHT!

Posts: 27 | From: Mt. Vernon OH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Huff
Member # 15467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Huff   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Huff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is a group of us within OSTA that are going primitive, archery gear, camp and clothing. More than welcome to hook up with us. We'll be in the large group of canvas tents, can't miss us.

--------------------
It is a world with dew still on it, more touched by wonder and possiblitly than any I have since known.

Posts: 86 | From: Pataskala Ohio | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckS
Member # 18778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckS   Email ChuckS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave,
Thanks for the response, I'll look for the tents, or guys in loin clothes and skins?!

--------------------
SHOOT-CAST-TALK...STRAIGHT!

Posts: 27 | From: Mt. Vernon OH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Huff
Member # 15467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Huff   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Huff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well I'm sure the officers of OSTA would rather us be clothed to some point. Although the VP will be trotting around in a loin cloth with us. Matt Blosser, the blacksmith has a big set up, I'm usually set up beside him with the leather tent, and there will be a bunch of other canvas parked around us. Look forward to meeting you, welcome to the club.

--------------------
It is a world with dew still on it, more touched by wonder and possiblitly than any I have since known.

Posts: 86 | From: Pataskala Ohio | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Stokes
Contributor 2010
Member # 16802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Stokes   Email Don Stokes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ishi hunted naked... but he lived in California.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Posts: 2508 | From: New Albany, MS | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.F. Miller
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J.F. Miller   Author's Homepage   Email J.F. Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't make a rats ass bit of difference to me, Dave. the womenfolk might, however, have a problem with it. then again, maybe not. :-)

--------------------
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one." - Voltaire

Posts: 164 | From: OH | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Huff
Member # 15467

they might not, they might join in, you never know. Nice thing about OSTA, don't know who you might meet, and what you might see.

--------------------

Camp Cook
Member # 3086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camp Cook   Email Camp Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a feeling I may need to chime in here, boys.
Posts: 25 | From: Dayton, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©