JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » WASHINGTON - Traditional Bowhunters of Washington » new to archery looking for washington archers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new to archery looking for washington archers
Frosty the Bowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frosty the Bowman   Email Frosty the Bowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am new to archery, and esspecially traditional archery.

I am hoping to try to learn to build my first bow, probabblly a fairly simple board bow design soon.

I am trying to find others who are into Traditional archery who are around the Spokane area who would not mind talking to, answering questions, and genearally showing a newbie around and the ropes.

I have not meet hardly any trad-archers from around here, where you all hideing?

Please let me know I am not alone.

Thanks,

Kevin

Posts: 193 | From: Spokane, Washington | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackhawk
Contributor 2016
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackhawk   Email Blackhawk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Kevin,

Check out the Traditional Bowhunters of Washington at:

http://www.tbwonline.org

It's a statewide organization that sponsors 2-3 events/rendezvous per year including a banquet coming up in a few weeks. Annual membership is relatively inexpensive ($15) which gets you a newsletter and the latest info on events such as 3-D shoots, bowmaking, etc.

--------------------
Lon Scott

Posts: 5698 | From: Auburn, Washington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stickgunner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stickgunner   Email stickgunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Kevin
Posts: 116 | From: Wenatchee, Washington | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
themiser3
Member # 40322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for themiser3   Email themiser3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also knew to archery hunting and located in WA. Where in WA are you located?

Check out this link for a great build along for a board bow. Is great for someone just starting out with building your own bow.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=2;t=000122

Sean

Posts: 18 | From: WA | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fingershotjohn
Member # 40064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fingershotjohn   Email fingershotjohn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome to archery. Great people
Posts: 5 | From: Kirkland Washington | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkken
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Kevin ... good to see some new names in the Washington forum [thumbsup]

--------------------
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4677 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shirikahn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 25196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shirikahn   Email shirikahn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Frosty!
Posts: 330 | From: Washington | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Sharp
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Sharp   Email Dale Sharp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frosty, come to the Moses Lake Traditional Shoot in April. There is where you can find plenty of folks who love to talk and answer questions about bows that bend.

--------------------
"To me, how you take an animal and how you conduct the hunt, and what you gain from the experience is what bowhunting is all about."
-Jay Massey

Posts: 363 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©