JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » WASHINGTON - Traditional Bowhunters of Washington » St Charles shoot input (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: St Charles shoot input
Bear Heart
Contributor 2015
Member # 14589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bear Heart   Email Bear Heart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met with the archery committee at the Tacoma Sportsmans Club tonight and bought up the St Charles shoot. I was told that it is scheduled for April 5-6, 2014. There is a possibility of moving it to May if that is better. This year turnout was so poor they had to let compounds shoot to keep from losing money. A turnout of at least 50 shooters per day for a two day or about 75 for a one day is needed for it to continue. Let me know what it would take to make this shoot worthy of TBW member attendance. This is our chance to keep this a trad shoot. Thanks in advance. - Tim Barnard

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Posts: 2134 | From: Southwest Idaho | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackhawk
Contributor 2016
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackhawk   Email Blackhawk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim,

This forum gets such little attention from TBW members that helpful feedback is almost useless. I suggest sending your comments to President Curtaindale or someone on the staff of the quarterly TBW newsletter. I believe it is supposed to be coming out within the next month.

If January 1st is out, then the April date should work. Maximum advertising is the key regardless of date. Good luck...we like what you all do down there.

--------------------
Lon Scott

Posts: 5698 | From: Auburn, Washington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bear Heart
Contributor 2015
Member # 14589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bear Heart   Email Bear Heart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will give em a call.

--------------------
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad

Posts: 2134 | From: Southwest Idaho | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bear Heart
Contributor 2015
Member # 14589

Should it be a one or two day?

--------------------
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad

Blackhawk
Contributor 2016
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackhawk   Email Blackhawk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One or two day shoot is good question. A lot of the folks I know will only come one day, especially if weather is not good or their buddies are not going. Travel, cost of gas, family time, spring break, etc. can all have affect.

I know the Cedar River club out by Black Diamond put on first ever two-day trad event last October which had fair attendance on Saturday. On Sunday, I was one of only 3 who showed up.

--------------------
Lon Scott

Posts: 5698 | From: Auburn, Washington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bear Heart
Contributor 2015
Member # 14589

Good points. April is always iffy for weather on the westsode

--------------------
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad

elkken
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The early April dates look good for conflict with Moses Lake and turkey season not an issue. I prefer a 1 day shoot ... Lon is right I don't think this forum gets much activity from our TBW members. TSC does a fine job on their shoots I have attended.

--------------------
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4679 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bear Heart
Contributor 2015
Member # 14589

I emailed the tbw prez tonight. Don't know of an efficient method of polling tbw members

--------------------
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad

Blackhawk
Contributor 2016
Member # 140

Turkey season will begin April 15, Easter is April 20th in 2014, and the Moses Lake shoot is April 25-27. April 6th sounds like a good one.

--------------------
Lon Scott

cch
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cch   Email cch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that should be good. Richland usually has there shoot the last weekend of March.
Posts: 614 | From: Three Forks Montana | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bear Heart
Contributor 2015
Member # 14589

I will pitch it as a one-day to the tsc archery committee. I am waiting on a response from the tbw prez to clarify expectations if advertised by tbw. I will keep this thread updated

--------------------
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad

Equilibrium
Member # 36541

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Equilibrium   Email Equilibrium   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. Not a big deal, but the shoot at CRB last year was a one day only shoot. This year it will be a two day shoot with forty targets. Plenty of camping.
Posts: 56 | From: WA | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackhawk
Contributor 2016
Member # 140

OOPS...sorry Patrick about the CRB shoot. You were kind enough to allow some of us to shoot on the second day and that was appreciated. Great job on that shoot too!

--------------------
Lon Scott

Hobow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 27140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hobow   Email Hobow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After considering the above suggestions, TSC must not be interested in keeping their traditional archers involved with the Glenn St. Charles shoot since they scheduled it during the Rock Shoot anyway.

What happened to April 5th or 6th?

Posts: 315 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bear Heart
Contributor 2015
Member # 14589

We talked about it on tuesday at the archery commitee meeting. There were several scheduling issues that made this year a bit of a train wreck. Other events being booked, WASAA conflicts, etc. They realize that this year there will not be many traditional archers. With having to schedule things so far out it is hard for them to avoid stepping on other trad shoots.
They have moved it to a better date for 2015. I will post it when confirmed.

--------------------
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©