JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » WASHINGTON - Traditional Bowhunters of Washington » So how is your 2015 season going so far

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So how is your 2015 season going so far
elkken
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the pleasure of going hunting in the Nason Creek area this September. I was joined by my hunting buddy Dale Holpainen. We had a great time camping near Coulter Creek. I had not been there since my 30th birthday, 37 years ago !!! We saw deer, elk, coyotes, bear, and one really nice 6x7 bull elk. Also numerous grouse. Went up McCue Ridge, over to Chiwacum Lake and also to Lake Ethel in our four days.

We went around the area of the Chalet but did not find it, did find a few old wooden tree stands. It was a great time and really brought back memories of the good old days when that area was archery only.

After that I headed to the Cascades to scare some elk. Saw more people than elk and some A holes stole two of my trail cameras. What is this world coming too ... still had fun and you cannot beat the Cascades in September. Now anxiously waiting for the late season .. Hope you all are having success or at least some good fun.

best to ya, Ken

--------------------
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4677 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cch
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cch   Email cch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I blew a shot at a cow in Montana. I shot her for 40 and it was only 33. I killed 2 rattle snakes and cought a grouse by hand after missing twice with the bow. Getting ready for late season. Hope to fill both deer tags.
Chris

Posts: 614 | From: Three Forks Montana | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Sharp
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Sharp   Email Dale Sharp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in South Dakota hunting whitetail early this month, where I passed up a 10 yard shot on an old doe Monday, had another bust me from 2 yards Thursday when I tried to draw too soon (as she was stepping out from beneath my tree) and zipped a broadhead through the ribs of a button buck 6 yards away on the last morning, Friday. The table fare will be tender!
So...I can hold out for a mature buck in Eastern Washington in December and not have to drop the string until...

--------------------
"To me, how you take an animal and how you conduct the hunt, and what you gain from the experience is what bowhunting is all about."
-Jay Massey

Posts: 363 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cch
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cch   Email cch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shot my biggest whitetail yesterday. Very happy!!! It is a 6x4 probably around 120.
Posts: 614 | From: Three Forks Montana | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cch
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2529

I filled my second deer antlerless tag on thanksgiving afternoon. I am done for the year unless Joel gives me a call that the elk are back.
BigArcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigArcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing so far but heading out tomarro for late elk. Heading down to the Bear River area. Haven't been there in a 5 or 6 years but going to try it anyway. Anyone else hunt down that area?

BigArcher

Posts: 182 | From: Blaine, Wa | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwhitetail
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwhitetail   Email jwhitetail   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunting went really well for me. I put a fair amount of time on a piece of land that I have been studying and chasing whitetails for almost 4 seasons. Nothing came together in the early season but I saw some nice animals. Finally on the evening of opening day (of late season), I had a nice 4x buck walk by. I hit him a bit further back than I like, but caught both lungs and he was dead within a minute. I was using a 52@28 JD Berry Archery longbow and POC arrows with grizzly single bevels. Was grateful for the skiff of snow as it made tracking much easier. For me this was a real thanksgiving treat! Hope all of you have a great late season and Happy Holidays.

--------------------
3 JD Berry Duo-Flex long bows
A pile of JD Berry ASL bows
2 JD Berry "OE" Long Bows

A Coyote ran accross the road, on the move without a home...
T. Petty

Posts: 486 | From: Washington | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkken
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys need to post some pictures ... congrats on your success. [thumbsup] [campfire]

--------------------

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4677 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwhitetail
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwhitetail   Email jwhitetail   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! Here is mine.
 -

--------------------
3 JD Berry Duo-Flex long bows
A pile of JD Berry ASL bows
2 JD Berry "OE" Long Bows

A Coyote ran accross the road, on the move without a home...
T. Petty

Posts: 486 | From: Washington | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkken
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14892

[thumbsup] [thumbsup] very nice

--------------------

TGMM Family of the Bow

cch
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2529

I can't post pics on this site. I only have pics of my buck.
elkken
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14892

Chris ... email it to me and I'll try to post for you. elkken1@gmail.com

--------------------

TGMM Family of the Bow

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©