JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » ALBERTA - Alberta Traditional Bowhunters Assoc » New Recruit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Recruit
NorthernArcher
Member # 6650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernArcher   Email NorthernArcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a friend who is looking to get into traditional archery, and I'm trying to help him find a good deal on a used longbow.
When I got back into the game I found a great deal from Raptor Archery. They have some nice recurves for sale right now, but no longbows.
Does anyone know of a place like that, maybe this side of the border, where I can find used bows on consignment?

--------------------
Robertson Primal Styk
66", 53#@28"

Posts: 84 | From: Edmonton, Alberta - Canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gun
Contributor 2015
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gun   Email Gun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thot I had one for you but when I looked in my directory the website is no longer there. I would try Rocky mountain specialty gear out of Colorado. They have a huge list of bows both recurves and longbows with pictures. I found a great deal on a Bear takedown with two sets of limbs earlier this spring. Great folks to deal with. Not much demand in Canada it seems.

--------------------
Proverbs 12:27

Posts: 989 | From: Alberta | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
outdoorsforlife
Member # 23720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for outdoorsforlife   Email outdoorsforlife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are they right eye or left eye dominant?
Posts: 78 | From: Calgary Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gun
Contributor 2015
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gun   Email Gun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by outdoorsforlife:
Are they right eye or left eye dominant?

Not sure what you mean?

--------------------
Proverbs 12:27

Posts: 989 | From: Alberta | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gil
Contributor 2017
Member # 1363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gil   Author's Homepage   Email Gil   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big Jim has a huge inventory of used bows too.

--------------------
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.Right next to the mashed potatoes.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind."

COMPTON TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS

Posts: 896 | From: Odessa, TX | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trubltrubl
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trubltrubl   Email trubltrubl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a good site..I have bought two bows off this fella...he is good to deal with..go to inventory and he has several different categories ..ie.
longbows, recurves, BEAR bows etc

Here is the link..his prices are reasonable

http://www.traditionalarcherysales.com/

phoned him and spoke with him when i bought the bows..nice fella

Posts: 648 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trubltrubl
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trubltrubl   Email trubltrubl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not in Canada but shipping was prompt and arrived well packed and in good order
Posts: 648 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©