JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » ALBERTA - Alberta Traditional Bowhunters Assoc » 2017 stories and pictures

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2017 stories and pictures
outdoorsforlife
Member # 23720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for outdoorsforlife   Email outdoorsforlife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it has started. I look forward to hearing people's experiences and learning from them. I have a few trips planned out before moose general archery closes on Sept 24th. Good luck everyone!
Gordon

Posts: 78 | From: Calgary Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
outdoorsforlife
Member # 23720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for outdoorsforlife   Email outdoorsforlife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to be spotting some small funnels. Way smaller than I ever used to notice or consider hunting. We will set a few stands and see how they go.
Posts: 78 | From: Calgary Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trubltrubl
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trubltrubl   Email trubltrubl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gord

even though the rut is not on..try some COW calling..lone moose are always looking to socialize...just don't go crazy with the calling...and after you call, stay put for 1 hr...at this time of year they will come in quiet...are cows open where you are ? remember a cow with a calf can be dangerous...

Also remember willows are a favorite hangout and moose are usually active very early in the day..they have favorite bedding areas too.... its been hot so close to good water source is a good bet..

good luck

Posts: 644 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
outdoorsforlife
Member # 23720

Hey Brad, I have been going west of my Dad's place. It closed on the 23rd. I got another spot west of Edm too. Saw some nice moose but nothing close enough.

I had a trip west of Nordeg on the N Sask river. Lots of bear and deer but no shot oppotunities. The Elk stayed out of reach but where around

outdoorsforlife
Member # 23720

Hey Brad, I have been going west of my Dad's place. It closed on the 23rd. I got another spot west of Edm too. Saw some nice moose but nothing close enough.

I had a trip west of Nordeg on the N Sask river. Lots of bear and deer but no shot oppotunities. The Elk stayed out of reach but where around.

Two nights ago I had a fox at 15 yards, but he busted me and was gone. Last night the camera showed deer passing the stand 10 min before I got there.

I might head out near Canmore or in 212 this week.

trubltrubl
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trubltrubl   Email trubltrubl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi gord

if you know anyone NW of Calgary in the bow zone their are some moose in the area there..toughest part is getting permissions !!!

Posts: 644 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©