JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION LISTING FORUM

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Legends and Pioneers » Dan Quillian » Dan "the Man" Quillian has left us (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Dan "the Man" Quillian has left us
joebuck
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joebuck   Email joebuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Quillian left us today finally to go to a better hunting ground free from pain. I knew him personally like a few of us on this board. I disagreed with him sometimes, listened sometimes and just stood back and watched most of the time at a lost art. Dan Quillian was a man. He would call a spade a spade. He practically single handily got Ga a bow season. I know some of you will have some things to say about Dan but as a bowhunter he did something that takes just damn nerves. He shot a brown bear at 10 yards, by himself ( guide had left briefly) with a ganggreen foot. No way to run, no gun. Nothing. Just Dan.......I have a close friend who use to have the world record brown bear..he says he's still in awe of Dan and that bear. Big Dan...THANKS..you were BOWHUNTER...

--------------------
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Posts: 2118 | From: Oxford Ms 38655 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 61

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Phillips   Email Tony Phillips       Edit/Delete Post 
He will be missed.

--------------------
Tony Phillips
“What we do in life echoes in eternity”

56" Striker Stinger
52" Saluki Scythian
54" Saluki Turk

Posts: 712 | From: Elyria, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B.O.D.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B.O.D.   Author's Homepage   Email B.O.D.       Edit/Delete Post 
Godspeed Dan, I know you are sitting at the campfire of the great ones... [campfire] [Smile]
BD

Posts: 3391 | From: the 1000 Islands region of Ontario. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BillW
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BillW   Email BillW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did not know him but have heard of his bows. My prayers for him and his family.
Bill

--------------------
Aim Small

Posts: 1232 | From: IL | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Orton
Contributor 2009
Member # 7480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Orton   Email Mike Orton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rest easy, Big Dan [pray]

--------------------
White, Straight, Republican, Male.
How else can I piss you off Today?

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 921 | From: Southern California | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JC
Contributor 2014
Member # 148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JC   Email JC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's very, very sad news....prayers for DD and all the rest of Dan's surviving family and friends. Any news of services Joe, I sure would like to send them something to pay my respects.

--------------------
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Posts: 9619 | From: Ranger, GA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vermonster13
SPONSOR
Member # 8675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vermonster13   Email vermonster13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peace and condolences

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

http://www.blackswanarchery.com/

Posts: 21856 | From: Rutland, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wild Willie
Member # 11025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild Willie   Author's Homepage   Email Wild Willie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I knew him and he will truly be missed in tracitional circles.

--------------------
Billy

Posts: 89 | From: Elberton, Ga. | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bayoulongbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayoulongbowman   Email bayoulongbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spoke to Dan once by phone, about what else Archery and bowhunting...one of the Good guys ...he will be missed always remembered..mark#78...I will always remember the picture of him and that trophy Bear!

[ February 20, 2007, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: bayoulongbowman ]

--------------------
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had better be right!"

Posts: 12170 | From: Baton Rouge , La. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bishop
Contributor 2012
Member # 6875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bishop   Email Bishop       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with all above. Thanks for all you did Dan!
Posts: 706 | From: Southwest Virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bjorn
Contributor 2017
Member # 6694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bjorn   Email Bjorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He helped me find some superceder arrows once-didn't really need to; but he was just that kind of guy.
Bigger than life for sure.
Condolences to his family.

Posts: 9987 | From: Los Gatos, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigRonHuntAlot
Contributor 2007
Member # 8731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigRonHuntAlot   Email BigRonHuntAlot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
God Bless

--------------------
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Posts: 4499 | From: Jetersville, Amelia County Central Virginia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droptine59
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptine59   Email droptine59       Edit/Delete Post 
He played a huge role in the resurrgence of traditional archery in the late 20th centrury. my prayers to his family and may he rest in peace.
Anyone got a picture of him?///

Posts: 2517 | From: baltimore, md. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Baker
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Baker   Email Mark Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the voices for longbows at a time when not many voices were being heard on the subject. I use to read his column in the old "Western Bowhunter" rag when traditional bowhunters that wrote anything were fairly few and hard to find. Thanks Dan, for the knowledge and commitment.

--------------------
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope. I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Posts: 2285 | From: Livingston, Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nook
2017 Contributor
Member # 1045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nook   Email Nook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan inspired me to leave the Compound world. I had one of his Patriot bows. One of the Good guys. He will be missed. Thanks Dan... Jeff

--------------------
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Posts: 1069 | From: Charlottesville, Va | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©