Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » calling in black bears (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: calling in black bears
Timberking
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timberking   Email Timberking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bear calling works! I've called in quit a few. We don't have a spring season here BUT these bears were called in in the spring. If I can find them I have a few pics of a bear I called in for a buddy that shot it with a rifle in the fall.
 -
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 232 | From: Hibbing, Mn. | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpend60
Contributor 2016
Member # 12711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharpend60   Email Sharpend60   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it.
I bet the big guy was a lil confused when that fawn dint run!

Posts: 508 | From: Sea of Junipers | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Dente
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Dente   Email Al Dente   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is really funny. I wish you had a close up of that bear's face when he ground to a halt and the "fawn/dinner" didn't take off. that is awesome.

--------------------
President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Posts: 1380 | From: New York | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timberking
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timberking   Email Timberking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL,you could hear that particular bear coming for a loooong ways off. It put the binders on and looked at the fawn and swapped booked er'
Posts: 232 | From: Hibbing, Mn. | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DamselflyFarm
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DamselflyFarm   Email DamselflyFarm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you have any luck calling bear after this post?

--------------------
Take care,
Jeff

Posts: 322 | From: Maine | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BAPilot2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAPilot2   Email BAPilot2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read all the way through the post and was wondering the same thing... Did you call in any bears???
Posts: 125 | From: DFW, Texas | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BAPilot2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAPilot2   Email BAPilot2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm referring to the guy who started the post.
Posts: 125 | From: DFW, Texas | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckC   Email ChuckC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what happens if I set up a stove and cook up some bacon and eggs for MY breakfast ?

Is that baiting too ?
ChuckC

Posts: 7241 | From: Deforest, Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BAPilot2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35756

Who says a man can't eat 20 pounds of bacon, 6 dozen eggs, and 60 doughnuts for breakfast???
Timberking
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21577

LOL, A mans gotta eat!
LittleBen
Contributor 2013
Member # 21858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleBen   Email LittleBen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Surveyor527:
quote:
Originally posted by JimB:
Not necessarily.Some states allow scents.

Which states allow scents but not baits? I never heard of such a thing.
Thanks for your time!

New York allows scents but not bait. Your scents cannot turn something into food. So like bacon grease poured onto sawdust would not be ok. But grease and jello powder burned would be ok I thnk.
Posts: 2938 | From: Albany, NY | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timberking
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21577

Washington also is a NO bait state, BUT you can use scent and calls.
Chromebuck
Contributor 2016
Member # 29476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chromebuck   Email Chromebuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baiting is legal here in Alaska. You first must take a class and now it is offered online aswell. Then you have to submit the coordinates of bait station to Fish & Game.

Bears are very plentiful here and some units residents can harvest one a day year-round. Two of my firends here have harvested black bear with the use of mouth calls. Electronic calls are illegal for bear.

While working on Kodiak Island I have used my digital Foxpro call for fox hunting and have called in brown bears twice, one from a boat and a sow and two larger cubs while sitting on the hood of my truck at dusk. Amazing how stealthy animals this size can just appear before you.

As moose populations are down in unit 15 next year they will allow for the taking of one brown bear by use of bait. For safety reasons the meat must be salvaged.

Calls work well on bears and snowshoe hare in distress is all I've ever used.

~CB

--------------------
62" JD Berry Taipan 53@28
60" Super Shrew 2pc 53@28
58" Ed Scott Owl Bow 53@28

Posts: 932 | From: Alaska | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©