Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » Feral Cattle (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Feral Cattle
GrayRhino
Contributor 2017
Member # 9645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GrayRhino   Email GrayRhino   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brett, now that sounds inviting!

--------------------
God now commandeth all men everywhere to repent. Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good, some are just real good!" Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along." Glenn St. Charles

Posts: 1137 | From: Interior Alaska | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benha
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benha   Email Benha   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure does.
Posts: 1368 | From: Radcliff Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brett Finger
Member # 16719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brett Finger   Email Brett Finger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hay fellas,
yah got onto a block that has not been mustered for 20years, lots of beasts on it, as well as a mob that wander onto one of my propertys form out the forestery reasonably frequently.

have only really got back into shooting in the past 4 weeks i suppose, so once im proficent enough i'll be heading out chaseing them myself.

got good numbers of brumbys as well,so another future target.
Kind Regards, Brett

--------------------
So long as the New Moon returnes in Heaven, a bent, beautiful Bow, so will the fascination of Archery keep hold of the Hearts of Men.

Posts: 9 | From: Queensland - Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozy clint
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozy clint   Email ozy clint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gday there, i got this brute yesterday while out boar hunting. i had just got a boar in one of my favourite swamps. after the photo session and removing the jaw, i continued on hunting. about 250m from where i got the boar i saw this guy feeding all by himself.(a major advantage) anyway he was feeding right behind a forky paperbark tree which i used to my advantage. using the tree as cover i quickly got to 10m. but he sensed something was amiss and trotted out from behind the tree and stopped to see what i was. at about 17-18m he stood broadside looking at me. i picked a spot, drew and released. i can still see the arch of the arrow flight! the arrow buried itself to the feathers right where i was looking. he took of, but i knew he was a dead bull running. he piled up about 200m away. on inspection the b/head exited! b/head used was an aussie made blackstump 2 blader. the amount of blood was phenomenal. he's not the biggest bull by any means, but i'm sure proud, as it's my 1st bull with trad gear.  -

--------------------
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Posts: 2352 | From: in the hills south of Stanthorpe, Qld, Australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozy clint
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozy clint   Email ozy clint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, bow used was a samick deerslayer 62" 55#@28". arrow- g/tip 3555 125gr b/head+125gr adapter, 3gr/" wt tube. four fletch. total wt= 580gr. FOC 20%

--------------------
Thick fog slowly lifts
Food for soul and body.

Posts: 2352 | From: in the hills south of Stanthorpe, Qld, Australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozy clint
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15776

P.S. i was hunting alone!

--------------------
Thick fog slowly lifts
Food for soul and body.

Dogboy900
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogboy900   Email Dogboy900   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice!
Well done dude, he is a nice bull!

Posts: 417 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Kidner   Email Al Kidner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good on ya Clint. Good to see you getting out there with 'em.

AK.

--------------------
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Posts: 2246 | From: Mackay,QLD, Australia. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, you've done superbly well!

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brett Finger
Member # 16719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brett Finger   Email Brett Finger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clint,
sensational trophy mate!

i'm currently shooting a #55 @ 28 Internature Viper Delux Longbow, pulling to 29.5" draw so around #60 i suppose.

hunting arras are similer weight to yours ,so basically i'm now feeling secure with the things after your take.
Kind Regards, Brett

--------------------
So long as the New Moon returnes in Heaven, a bent, beautiful Bow, so will the fascination of Archery keep hold of the Hearts of Men.

Posts: 9 | From: Queensland - Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Kidner   Email Al Kidner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What arrow and Broadhead set up are you going to use Brett?

AK.

--------------------
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Posts: 2246 | From: Mackay,QLD, Australia. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brett Finger
Member # 16719

Al,
mate got some 60/65 Vic Ash shafts here and 125 vented Black stumps and ribtecs,so was just gunna have a crack with them and see how we go.
Kind Regards, Bretto

--------------------

GrayRhino
Contributor 2017
Member # 9645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GrayRhino   Email GrayRhino   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clint, very nice! A great trophy, and a hog to boot. What a great day afield.

Al, I also wanted to tell you thanks for the article in the recent TBM. Struck a chord with me as I have three boys that need time with dad and attention too! Looking forward to seeing more material from you....and Ben.

--------------------
God now commandeth all men everywhere to repent. Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good, some are just real good!" Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along." Glenn St. Charles

Posts: 1137 | From: Interior Alaska | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatman
Contributor 2011
Member # 14188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatman   Email fatman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice bull, Clint [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Posts: 1504 | From: Louisburg, KS | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

Bulla Bulla Ryan!

Thanks mate for the kind words. That was my 3rd article in TBM and I plan to submit more whenever TBM wants overseas items. Keep an eye out.

AK.

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©