Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » Feral Cattle (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Feral Cattle
tarponnut
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tarponnut   Email tarponnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job on that bull. A hog and a bull, I hope you went and got some help! What a feast!
Posts: 2472 | From: FL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aussiebowhunter
Member # 8615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aussiebowhunter   Author's Homepage   Email aussiebowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clint ,nice bull with the trad gear..

good gear those blackstumps broadheads..
pat.

Posts: 46 | From: cape york/charters towers australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozy clint
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozy clint   Email ozy clint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
had to change to magnus II 2 blader. blackstump isn't taking orders.

--------------------
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Posts: 2352 | From: in the hills south of Stanthorpe, Qld, Australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aussiebowhunter
Member # 8615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aussiebowhunter   Author's Homepage   Email aussiebowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hopefully they will be back in action soon...
Posts: 46 | From: cape york/charters towers australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Orton
Contributor 2009
Member # 7480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Orton   Email Mike Orton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clint, you'll have to tell us how those big scrub rascals taste.....kinda looks you got a start rubbing in the marinade already....

the lethality of a well placed arrow is just something to marvel at. Well done Mate!

--------------------
White, Straight, Republican, Male.
How else can I piss you off Today?

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 921 | From: Southern California | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick McGowan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick McGowan   Email Rick McGowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually the best tasting beef I ever ate was from an old scrubby, it wasn't the most tender however!
Posts: 1390 | From: GEORGIA, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curlis
Contributor 2017
Member # 9765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curlis   Email curlis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread. Really got the blood pumping! I would love to make a trip over there one of these days.

--------------------
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Posts: 995 | From: Monroe, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benha
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benha   Email Benha   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Clint! Man your living the dream!
Posts: 1368 | From: Radcliff Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick McCormick
Member # 18974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick McCormick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently there is a herd in Alaska near hatcher pass, one of my buddies shot a big feral heffer a couple years back

--------------------
Catch and Release Wild Trout

Posts: 26 | From: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcar315
Contributor 2017
Member # 19642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcar315   Email jcar315   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic thread!!! The thought of chasing one of those big bulls just sends a shiver down my spine. Great pics. Great posts. Why did I wait so long to join trad gang?! John
PS When I was little my Grandfather had a big Brahma bull in Texas and that was one mean bull. You could not even go in the pasture whithout him charging you. Once he got a hold on my Grandfather one time too many and we had him for dinner!!!

--------------------
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 5272 | From: Boonsboro Maryland | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozy clint
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozy clint   Email ozy clint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's got to be someone else out there who has taken one? don't be shy.

--------------------
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Posts: 2352 | From: in the hills south of Stanthorpe, Qld, Australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zipper bowss
SPONSOR
Member # 15052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zipper bowss   Author's Homepage   Email zipper bowss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to jinx it by posting,because it is not set in stone yet.BUT Tracy and I may be heading to the Cape York Peninsula next April.I will definately be keeping an eye out for these big guys.
Bill

--------------------
www.zipperbows.com
www.grizzlybroadheads.com
TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Posts: 3074 | From: P.O. Box 275 Mt. Orab, OH 45154 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terrence Greene
Member # 18568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terrence Greene   Email Terrence Greene       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW... I have heard of feral cows in FL.. but I sure they are nothing like these..

some day... some day

Posts: 11 | From: Rockville Maryland | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian johnson
Cadet Member
Member # 11656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian johnson   Email Ian johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hunting axis deer, pigs, and scrub bulls is my dream hunt, we have pigs in the swamps here but they have gone nocturnal

--------------------
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Posts: 2017 | From: Ponchatoula LA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick McGowan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick McGowan   Email Rick McGowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guided a few hunters to them, but not many bowhunters take scrub bulls, they just don't hang around long when they know you are there, most times you just see them moving out at about 80 yards. I would have been happy to take several I have seen, but when I was hunting, I couldn't find a good one and when I did find one, I always had a paying hunter. If you see Cory at the top of the page with his buffalo, we actually saw a couple of really good scrub bulls on that hunt, one was a big old gray bugger that we could have taken if we had thought quick enough, but Cory wasn't sure whether he wanted it or not and it was his shot, before we could get it straightened out he was long gone. I did have two other bowhunters who took a really big, golden colored bull with some bramhman in it, if SCI was accepting scrub bulls still it would have been the new world archery record.
Posts: 1390 | From: GEORGIA, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©