Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » Kodiak Island Bears (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Kodiak Island Bears
bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool pic!

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2686 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool!

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hunt it
Contributor 2015
Member # 1867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hunt it   Author's Homepage   Email hunt it   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think spear gun would be my weapon of choice. On second thaught I have a .458 Lott that needs a good workout.

--------------------
hunt it

Posts: 3710 | From: london,ontario,canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hunt it
Contributor 2015
Member # 1867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hunt it   Author's Homepage   Email hunt it   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leathernock,

No thanks, my nuts are still attached to my brain at this point. I have no desire to wade through head high alders with a stick bow searching for brown bears while they are searching for me as well. I'd much rather hunt elephant and cape buff with my stickbow, looking for an overweight and slow hunting partner (preferably one that runs slower than me) interested??

--------------------
hunt it

Posts: 3710 | From: london,ontario,canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
id be up for it...if there was one! might need a pretty full quiver for that lot though.

pff .458 lott give me a 600 nitro express double that should slow it down some, and if not at least the recoil would knock me silly and i would'nt feel the mauling

amazing pic thanks for sharing

Dave we need to find a big landowner in Mozambique that would let us chase some buff with the stick bow

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4140 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hunt it
Contributor 2015
Member # 1867

Andy,

I have just the guy in Zim, he's waiting for us, ready when we are. Mozambique's not for trad guys from what all my sources say. Was talking to a good buddy (PH) in Zim today, he does most of his hunting in Zim but also hunting Botswana and Tanzania alot. Says concessions still in good shape for most part. Fuel and supplies still problem in some regions.

--------------------
hunt it

tradtusker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if i had the cash we'd be out there but with the move it aint gonna happen any time soon [Frown]
don't wanna go off topic here

so much hunting to do , so little time so little money

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4140 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M.A.FITZHUGH
Member # 18271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M.A.FITZHUGH   Email M.A.FITZHUGH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not "see" the pic?
Posts: 15 | From: Jarrell, Texas | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Wald
Contributor 2010
Member # 15100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Wald   Email Jerry Wald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
go back to page one
Posts: 1608 | From: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
talltines
SPONSOR
Member # 5473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for talltines   Author's Homepage   Email talltines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be awesome to see. My dream hunt is to hunt the big coastal bears with a stickbow...well, that's one of my dream hunts.

--------------------
www.talltinesarchery.com

Posts: 337 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pig Sticker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pig Sticker   Email Pig Sticker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a lot of rotten sushi.
Posts: 139 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick McCormick
Member # 18974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick McCormick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a situation like on at a fish hatchery on afognak, there were 27 bears on one beach, unfortunately situations like that are not great for me cause fish bears taste really really bad

--------------------
Catch and Release Wild Trout

Posts: 26 | From: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olin Rindal
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olin Rindal   Email Olin Rindal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bears on Kodiak have been thick this year. Old timers say bear encounters are way up this year. I heard that there has been 27 bears killed on the road system this year. All time high. I personally had several bears within 15 yards from me while I was fishing. One feller shot a bear in the head from 5 feet away, it was trying to crawl through his doggy door. Kodiak bears certainly demand respect, but during the salmon run they really care less about humans.
Posts: 112 | From: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick McCormick
Member # 18974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick McCormick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kodiak Kid:
Bears on Kodiak have been thick this year. Old timers say bear encounters are way up this year. I heard that there has been 27 bears killed on the road system this year. All time high. I personally had several bears within 15 yards from me while I was fishing. One feller shot a bear in the head from 5 feet away, it was trying to crawl through his doggy door. Kodiak bears certainly demand respect, but during the salmon run they really care less about humans.

is the 27 from the registration hunt or DOL&P?

--------------------
Catch and Release Wild Trout

Posts: 26 | From: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olin Rindal
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olin Rindal   Email Olin Rindal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
is the 27 from the registration hunt or DOL&P?
I do believe they were registration hunts. That info. was second hand. I would have to believe the info based on the amount of bears I saw. I know of one bear that was hit by a car just out side of town. If a guy just wanted a bear it wouldn't have been too hard to shoot one.
Posts: 112 | From: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©