Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » grizzly bears what do you think (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: grizzly bears what do you think
Lucas K
Contributor 2012
Member # 13615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucas K   Email Lucas K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great bear! Was it your first grizzly?

--------------------
Lucas Kent

Posts: 626 | From: Kansas City, MO | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BearCrkBandit
Member # 39246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BearCrkBandit   Email BearCrkBandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! it was my first interior grizzly, and first grizzly/brown with a bow (I got a brown bear last year with a rifle, so this one definitely means a lot more to me!)
Posts: 61 | From: Alaska | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ishoot4thrills
Contributor 2014
Member # 18541

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ishoot4thrills   Author's Homepage   Email ishoot4thrills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Q73:
Man you guys are making me want to go hunt bear.

I've always wanted to as well.

All I can say is you had better move to Alaska and hunt "resident style" unless you have a very, very fat bank account!

--------------------
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Posts: 4197 | From: Cecilia, Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doctari
Contributor 2012
Member # 8709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doctari   Email doctari   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the hardest thing to do with wanting to use a 50# bow for grizzly is finding a guide that would be willing to take you. He will be the one that has to go after it after the shot.

--------------------
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men." Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Posts: 371 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stickbow Hunter
Member # 21184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stickbow Hunter   Author's Homepage   Email Stickbow Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hat's off to anyone that will hunt Grizzly with a Stickbow.....I have never tried it. So I have no input on the specifics other than.....I think the hardest part would be to keep the nerves under control in order to make a good shot. I don't rattle easy....but Grizzly Bear....sure wouldn't want to just make him mad.
Posts: 10 | From: Marysville, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tradmike
Member # 43192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tradmike   Email Tradmike   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shot a very large brown bear with a 51# Schafer recurve, 600 grain fmj with an abowyer brown bear head. Complete penetration at 14 yards.
Posts: 4 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©