Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » hogs... Danderous Game??? (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: hogs... Danderous Game???
team fudd
Contributor 2015
Member # 29693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for team fudd   Author's Homepage   Email team fudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was charged this year by the only hog i ever shot. and that was a muzzy moment i will not forget!
Posts: 367 | From: dennison ohio | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob4st
Contributor 2016
Member # 37824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob4st   Email Bob4st   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...great lessons for sure... Nothing as dramatic but I was charged by a woodchuck and had another play dead and snap at me when I poked at him with stick...grabbed that stick and chewed it badly...glad it wasn't my finger...

--------------------
NY Bowhunters, Inc.
Traditional Bowhunters of NY
Traditional Archery Society
Comptons Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 84 | From: Syracuse, New York | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
southernwoody
Contributor 2014
Member # 39023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for southernwoody   Email southernwoody   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got charged twice last week. Guess we just have some mean ole boars down here hahaha

--------------------
SUA SPONTE
68" viper deluxe long bow 50#@28"
64" hickory self bow 50#@28"
60" pronghorn 3 piece R/D long bow 63#@28"

Posts: 162 | From: savannah, georgia | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HighTecRedNeck
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 39472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HighTecRedNeck   Email HighTecRedNeck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most will run away as fast as their fat legs will go.

That being said I have had one or two take a disliking to my scent and come looking for me. Maybe they thought I was after their " Ladies "...lol

The only time I got a little scared was walking in from my stand in the dark and had one VERY close grunting and stomping but I could not see the rascal

--------------------
You either do or you don't, there is no try

All The Way !

Posts: 105 | From: New Port Richey,Florida | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marshallrobinson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marshallrobinson   Email Marshallrobinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guru:
Considered "Dangerous Game"...not hardly, not me.

Any animal we hunt can be "dangerous" at times.

But that title should be saved for the "Big 5", Grizz/Brown/Polar bears, and the like....Those are DANGEROUS critters!!

agreed

I love hog hunting and didnt see much about it until I opened dangerous game. who would have thought it ?!

Posts: 205 | From: OHIO | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex A
Member # 45736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alex A   Email Alex A   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can tell you first hand how dangerous hogs are.
I remember about 18 years ago shooting a wild pig (in the North West of Western Australia) at close range (within 15 meters) in the chest with a shotgun, using a 12 gauge solid slug.
I figured a 1oz solid slug at close range would be ample to drop a feral pig... I was definitely wrong on this occasion!
I hit it, but instead of dropping, it turned and came at me.
Luckily a friend of mine had his .30-06 loaded and ready, and managed to shoot it in the head before it got to me.
Stretched out it was about 7'.
Unfortunately I had no way to weigh it, so I can't tell you how heavy it was. But it was bloody heavy... Decent set of tusks on it too!
If it got to me before my friend shot it, I doubt I'd be here to tell the tale... I'm pretty sure I had to change my underwear after that encounter too! [Eek!] [scared]

--------------------
Viper DLX 40# @ 28" (about 49# at my draw length of 31")
Carbon 400 spine, 33" shafts
Black ZHW Three Fingers Cowskin Archery Glove
Neet leather armguard
Cheap bow quiver!

Posts: 5 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been charged 3 times....the 1st one I side stepped....the 2nd two I paralized with shots just past the jaw into the spine....one was a buiser. My friend Curt Cabrera put another arrow into him as he was convulsing.....

I'll see if I can find a pic.

--------------------
Woolshire Carpet Mills, Inc.

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 29664 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1st charger....

-

--------------------

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 29664 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

2nd Charger.....

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©