Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » Who's killed a cougar with trad gear? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Who's killed a cougar with trad gear?
crazyhorse86
Contributor 2011
Member # 21986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse86   Email crazyhorse86   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that things a beast Walt. Im always thinking i hear one sneaking up on me.
Posts: 166 | From: Wy | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tpanic41
Member # 29498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tpanic41   Email tpanic41   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is one I took in Utah day after Christmas 2009. 7' 3" long, and just had him scored at 14 2/8" P&Y. Taken with a 55# Habu at 5 yds.
Never mind on the pic, not sure I have that figured out!

Posts: 39 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sagebrush
Contributor 2016
Member # 8194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sagebrush   Email sagebrush   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That there is a big cat Walt. Congratulations. Gary
Posts: 917 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Turner
Contributor 2017
Member # 2264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Turner   Email Bill Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy, Smoli Walt. Thats a big cat. 12 yards seems pretty close for that big boy. Thanks for sharing. [archer2]
Posts: 3871 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Dearth
2017 Contributor
Member # 4614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Dearth   Email Greg Dearth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shot one in Utah the week before Christmas in 2008. Pretty neat Christmas present to myself and a great experience to boot.
Posts: 260 | From: Belleville,W.V. | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitetail_downer100
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitetail_downer100   Email whitetail_downer100   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome pictures and posts gents... now I have to do this!

--------------------
-Captain Logan A. Giger-
USMC
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take... but sometimes thats ok"

Posts: 122 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
H A Hggins
Member # 3206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for H A Hggins   Email H A Hggins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in 2001, I traveled to Twin Falls Idaho.
Was able to have an awesome adventure - and even harvested this beautiful lion. The hike out was a killer - I was a bit over 1/2 way up the mt on all fours when the guide returned and took the pack with the hide and skull. Even though I wanted to pack it out, I realized there was NO WAY I was in the right shape.
I hope to do it again someday, and be in the right shape to handle those Mts.
I was a tad bit nervous, with the dogs carrying on and the guide telling me it was time to get down to business before the cat bailed - again. He also told me that the hole he would bail out of was the one I had to shoot through!
 -
 -
I even got to meet Mr. Ted Fry on this hunt - an awesome beginning to a trad life!

--------------------
H A Hggins

Indiana Bowhunters Association
Professional Bowhunters Society
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
Indiana Trappers Association

Posts: 45 | From: At the gateway to Southern Indiana | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL Mejor
Contributor 2014
Member # 14453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EL Mejor   Email EL Mejor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CONGRATS GUYS,ALL BIG CATS,,,

--------------------
GREAT MEN LIVE DANGEROUSLY,small men don,t take chances...

Posts: 874 | From: BRONX NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimB
Contributor 2017
Member # 17284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JimB   Email JimB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 3761 | From: Montana | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMSmithy
Contributor 2015
Member # 34748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMSmithy   Email JMSmithy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a monster on that Bushnell Game camera!! [Eek!]

--------------------
" If you don't stand for something, you stand for nothing " - Me
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life Member UBNJ, NRA, SCI, TU, NAHC, SCI Chapter No American Handgun Hunter Chapter, RGS

Posts: 212 | From: NJ & Adirondacks | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chilcotin hillbilly
Member # 26010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chilcotin hillbilly   Author's Homepage   Email chilcotin hillbilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This winter Tred Barta is coming up to try for a lynx and a lion with his Trad gear from a wheelchair, it should make for some awesome TV. I will keep everyone updated of course.
Posts: 28 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coonbait
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coonbait   Author's Homepage   Email Coonbait   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to put the big cats on the top 5 American animals that I would love to try! But I think physically it would be TOUGH! Being a flatlander and all!
Glenn

Posts: 1148 | From: New Alexandria, PA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedShaft
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedShaft   Email RedShaft   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
coonbait.. lets go!! lol maybe someday. when i can afford it. would love to go aswell. snow, dogs, snareling cat up in a pine, bow in hand. be awsome man!

--------------------
Respect All...Fear None!
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Posts: 1736 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Shanks
Contributor 2013
Member # 2168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Shanks   Email Jack Shanks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Short story of my 07 Arizona lion hunt.

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=041179;p=1

--------------------
Jack Shanks

Posts: 2218 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NormanDale33
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NormanDale33   Email NormanDale33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are some big cats. Wow! You would need some nerves of steel. Walt that cat is awesome, looks like a beast.

--------------------
Show me your ways, LORD,teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me,for you are God my Savior,and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalms 25:4-5

Posts: 383 | From: Kansas | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©