Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » Who's killed a cougar with trad gear? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Who's killed a cougar with trad gear?
Friend
2017 Contributor
Member # 15967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend   Email Friend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice thread!

--------------------
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Posts: 6154 | From: Hanson, KY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
Contributor 2017
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome fella's!!

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 6819 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gentry
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gentry   Email Gentry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This will be my first year and my hounds first year hunting lions. we have done good in the past on bobs though and I got a friend thats got some good lion hounds so he is going to let us tag along this year. I would not consider shooting one with any thing other then my long bow.

--------------------
Gary Gentry
Cari-bow Wolverine T/D 62@28

Posts: 242 | From: Montana | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bayhunter
CADET MEMBER
Member # 34419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayhunter   Email bayhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
unforunately here in cal its illegal to hunt cougars [Roll Eyes] ...but id love to do it someday in another state
Posts: 299 | From: CA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gun
Contributor 2015
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gun   Email Gun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was about 12 feet up. Not much of a hunt. Been in on two others. (Friends) Didn't work up a sweat on any of them. Luck of the draw I guess. Hope you have a great hunt tho!

--------------------
Proverbs 12:27

Posts: 976 | From: Alberta | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horne Shooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horne Shooter   Email Horne Shooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I killed a nice lion a couple of years ago on the Colorado/Utah border. I really enjoyed it but really the best part of the hunt was the chase and the excitement that came with it. The shot was somewhat difficult but a little anti-climatic. I'm glad I got my lion and I would love to go on another lion trip (for the chase) but I don't have any desire to kill a second one. I'll have my mount back in a couple of months and it will look great in our home.

--------------------
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Posts: 545 | From: Boerne, Texas | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shedrock
Contributor 2013
Member # 14750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shedrock   Email Shedrock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
My shot was right at 20 yards.

--------------------
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Posts: 2439 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etter   Email Etter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm super pumped. We are going next February to Korell Outfitters in Idaho. I did end up killing a deer with my recurve this year and will be practicing really hard and working out right up until this hunt. This is a hunt of a lifetime for me. I've killed a bunch of bears, deer, and turkeys but a lion, to me, is the king of north american big game.
Posts: 276 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
187BOWHUNTER
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 187BOWHUNTER   Email 187BOWHUNTER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great pics, sounds like a really good time!
Posts: 218 | From: Blacktail country | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carpsniperg2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carpsniperg2   Email carpsniperg2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool guys!!!

--------------------
Stalker Custom Rebel 47#
Black widow PSAX 51#
Blacktail Stalker 51#
Zipper Extreme 54#
Browning Fury 60#

Posts: 104 | From: WA | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gen273
Contributor 2017
Member # 24602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gen273   Email Gen273   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I would love to hunt one.

--------------------
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Posts: 3884 | From: KY | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Turner
Contributor 2017
Member # 2264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Turner   Email Bill Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This post comes back every year and I never get tired of it. Every time I think about lion hunting Walt Francis and his cat come to mind. Now that is a cat. Good luck and be sure you get in shape.
Posts: 3873 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SheltonCreeker
Contributor 2014
Member # 31787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheltonCreeker   Email SheltonCreeker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff! Id like to put a cat on the lodge pole before I'm finished!

--------------------
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Posts: 1228 | From: Dahlgren Illinois | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wyo kill stick
Member # 36929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wyo kill stick   Email wyo kill stick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be prepared for anything. I shot mine about 15ft up and about 10 yards from base of tree. I've had them close enough you could jump up and grab their tail to way the hell up there where you would be hard pressed to thread a bullet through much less an arrow. In the country we hunt most the lions we tree are about 15 to 25 ft up and 10 to 15 yards from the base and most of them open enough to get a good shot through.You can't be in too good of shape.Enjoy the hunt and remember the hunt is about the dogs and the country- a lion is just icing on the cake. let me know if I can be of any help.

--------------------
Mt. lion hunting is easy- how hard can it be?- quote from someone who has never done it!

Posts: 12 | From: Northwest WY | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faithful
Member # 36478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faithful   Email Faithful   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are some nice cats posted here. I used to run dogs for bobcats and cougars in Oregon. It is certainly all about the dogs. Usually not much to the shooting part. However, hunting big cats in the snow is a lot of fun and a great experience, particularly if you do it with friends and family.
Posts: 6 | From: OH | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©