Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » Quebec bear.... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Quebec bear....
Mitch H
Contributor 2013
Member # 30745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mitch H   Author's Homepage   Email Mitch H   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the kind words Bill. [Smile]

I had a blast up there. In fact, I liked it up there so much in 2009, that I went back in 2010 and ran the baits for Ron at the Black River camp, and helped the hunters find their bear, haul them out, and cape them. I stayed up there for 5 weeks.

I put 120 miles a day on my 4-wheeler for the first two weeks getting all the bait sites active. The place has not changed much, except for the wolves……a lot more wolves than years past.

--------------------
Gerhart recurve
1960 Bear Grizzly
Wes Wallace Mentor
Dave Miller "Old Mahoning" Hybrid Longbow

People that are not willing to stand up for what is right, deserve no protection from those that will!

Posts: 196 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aussiebowhunter
Member # 8615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aussiebowhunter   Author's Homepage   Email aussiebowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
enjoyed the footage,well done...
pat

Posts: 46 | From: cape york/charters towers australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wvtradbow
Contributor 2016
Member # 3382

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wvtradbow   Author's Homepage   Email wvtradbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mitch,you're not by any chance going back this year,are ya ?? We got 9 going for sure,Ron said that the black river camp has 2 cabins,one that has room for 10 an another smaller one,usually reserved for a camp man... The few times we been there,we were at Gilles lake,which was close to town an tent camping,then Whites lake in the ZEC,which I believe he no longer owns but still hunts some of those baits...I can remember putting as many miles on my truck baiting as it took to drive up there..This time we're taking a couple ATVs...

--------------------
"I strive for mediocrity and sometimes achieve it." a close friend

Posts: 566 | From: wild & wonderful WV | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mitch H
Contributor 2013
Member # 30745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mitch H   Author's Homepage   Email Mitch H   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would really like to be back up there next spring Bill, but as it stands right now, I am not going to be able to get away that long. There are 3 camps at Black River. Two for hunters, and one for the camp man. One camp has 12 bunks, the other 8.

You absolutely want to take as many 4 wheelers as you can haul up there. The roads get kind of washboard, and they will rattle your teeth out, and your pickup truck apart, but they are just fine for a 4-wheeler or something like a Polaris Ranger.

The closest bait site to the Black River camp is over 1 mile from camp, and the farthest is about 22 miles from camp. Baits are in every direction from camp too. Whoever the camp man is will show you your groups bait sites and provide you with bait so that you guys can continue baiting the already hot bait sites during your hunt. Most groups have 2 or 3 guys run the baits every morning while the rest of the group goes fishing, or just hangs out at camp waiting for the afternoon hunt.

I have hunted basically all over the world, and this is possibly the most fun hunt I do. [Smile]

--------------------
Gerhart recurve
1960 Bear Grizzly
Wes Wallace Mentor

People that are not willing to stand up for what is right, deserve no protection from those that will!

Posts: 196 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friend
2017 Contributor
Member # 15967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend   Email Friend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thoroughly enjoyed the hunt you have just taken me on.

Well done!

--------------------
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Posts: 6487 | From: Hanson, KY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thumper Dunker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thumper Dunker   Email Thumper Dunker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats just too cool. Great vid.

--------------------
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Posts: 3975 | From: Modesto California | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trentcur
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trentcur   Email trentcur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man my heart was pounding for you......... way exciting!

--------------------
"The true picture of our charecter will be painted when nobody is watching"

53@28 Black Widow SAX T/D
52@28 Great Plains T/D Rio Bravo
60@28 Great Plains T/D Woodland Hunter
55@28 Great Plains T/D Longbow
70@28 Bear Kodiak

Posts: 226 | From: CO | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chuckbow
Contributor 2015
Member # 19950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chuckbow   Email chuckbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats awsome!

--------------------
2010 ASA
TRADITIONAL
WORLD CHAMP

Posts: 1126 | From: albertville alabama,35951 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graybark uk
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for graybark uk   Email graybark uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for takeing us along , great shot on a nice bear [campfire]

--------------------
bowhunting isn`t a bloodsport. its in the blood

hoyt buffalo 55@28/ 56@28{border hex 6.5 limbs }
stalker coyote fxt 62" 52@28

Posts: 241 | From: london england | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wiley Coyote
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wiley Coyote   Email Wiley Coyote   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great video!! My buddies and I are heading to Ron's in June of 2012. First bear hunt for me. [bigsmyl] [thumbsup] Thanks for sharing all that info. I have no idea at this point what camp we will be in but I will contact Ron closer to June and get more info.

--------------------
Great Northern Bushbow
Super Shrew Delux
Talon Longbow
Chekmate Hunter Recurve

Posts: 829 | From: Mount Forest, Ontario, CANADA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mitch H
Contributor 2013
Member # 30745

Your hunt is getting close Wiley Coyote!!! You should have a blast regardless of which camp you are hunting out of. And if you have never met Ron before, don`t let him fool you…….he is a REALLY good guy. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Gerhart recurve
1960 Bear Grizzly
Wes Wallace Mentor

Smeans
Contributor 2014
Member # 36048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smeans   Email Smeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice and WoW on the still shot! The vid quality was great, what camera were you using?
Posts: 35 | From: Arkansas, Lowell | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mitch H
Contributor 2013
Member # 30745

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mitch H   Author's Homepage   Email Mitch H   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smeans:
Very nice and WoW on the still shot! The vid quality was great, what camera were you using?

Thanks Smeans…….. [Smile]

I video`d that hunt with a Sony HVR-Z5U topped off with a RODE NTG-3 shotgun mic and Sennheiser wireless mics. I used a Manfrotto 523 Pro remote handle to run the camera. I cannot remember if I was using a SuperArm tree arm for that hunt or a Rock Steady arm?

Unfortunately, there will be no spring bear hunting for me this year, so I am hoping to see some stories and pictures on here pretty soon from other hunters. [clapper]

--------------------
Gerhart recurve
1960 Bear Grizzly
Wes Wallace Mentor

Wiley Coyote
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wiley Coyote   Email Wiley Coyote   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mitch, we are getting excited! I spoke to Ron and he said we would be located close to where he is what ever that means. I will send you a PM.

--------------------
Great Northern Bushbow
Super Shrew Delux
Talon Longbow
Chekmate Hunter Recurve

Posts: 829 | From: Mount Forest, Ontario, CANADA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntmaster80
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntmaster80   Email huntmaster80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great video, and nice shootin!!!
Posts: 1059 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©