Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » Chasing Florida bacon! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Chasing Florida bacon!
187BOWHUNTER
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 187BOWHUNTER   Email 187BOWHUNTER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VPA 2 or 3 blade will take out hogs easy
Posts: 218 | From: Blacktail country | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Plumber
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plumber   Email Plumber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please let us know how it was I was talking with him last night I cant go until febuary.Iam going down a week early an fishing then finish up with a hog hunt then back up the road.thanks ED
Posts: 1656 | From: Sykesville, Maryland | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwin   Email Arwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny you should bring this back up to the top!!

I was supposed to go last year, but due to some personal issues I didn't go...

Guess what?? I sent in my deposit today, YAY!!!! Looks like the end of March or early April I will finally be able to live out a long awaited dream. [jumper]

--------------------
Just one more step.....please!

Michigan Longbow Association

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Posts: 4272 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Plumber
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plumber   Email Plumber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is crazy I thought it was a current post.Iam going in feb still a ways away 2014 but it will give me something to work on gettin ready for,
Posts: 1656 | From: Sykesville, Maryland | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killinstuff
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killinstuff   Email killinstuff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll have a good time Arwin. Don't forget the thermo-cell as the bugs will be out and bring a fishing arrow or two with a reel. Watch out for the big gator in the drain pipe. You might not know he's there but he will know where you are. I was on the bank only 4 four feet above him last time when he decided to get and I jumped 10 feet straight up when he made his move and shot back into the pipe.

And take your 3 blades. High or a shoulder shoot is bad with little blood. Draw a line from nose to tail and belly to back and stick the pig there and you will have lots of blood and dead pig.

Are you driving? Taking the family? I have a double stand for Jim and Irv I was going to give Irv at Compton but they could use it now but I didn't want to ship it.

CJ

--------------------
lll

Posts: 1364 | From: Traverse City Michigan | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tarponnut
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tarponnut   Email tarponnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to hunting with you Arwin!
Posts: 2472 | From: FL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwin   Email Arwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Likewise Jim! Nice talking with you on the phone and thanks for the help. [Smile] This has been a LONG time coming.
I CAN'T wait!!!! [jumper]

CJ, I decided to rent a car and drive down. It's more convenient to be able to drive around (thanks for the offer to pick me up Jim, much appreciated!!)
After checking prices on air fare, plus extra $ to get the meat home and my paranoia of my hunting stuff getting lost or damaged by the air line, I'm driving. I could use a little scenery tour as well.
It's going to cost around $400 with rental and gas vs around $800 for round trip tickets and baggage fee's. I think I'll take the money I'm saving and kill as many hogs as possible, LOL!!!

Not sure if a ladder stand will fit in the cracker box I rented, LOL!!!! I have all my goods plus a big cooler stuffed into a Prius. OMG...a Prius.. [Roll Eyes] !!

Thanks for the advice. [thumbsup] I've killed a couple hogs at ranches here in Michigan but this is my first time hunting free roamers.
Honestly, it's my first out of state hunt too. [Wink]

I have bowfishing gear set aside along with a dozen 2020 arrows and plenty of broadheads. Taking a 1/2 dozen Woodsmans and 1/2 dozen Razorheads. [thumbsup] I'll be hunting with my 58# St. Joe longbow.

--------------------
Just one more step.....please!

Michigan Longbow Association

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Posts: 4272 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BIGD
Member # 9373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGD   Email BIGD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True South Adventure Irv and Jim will treat you right. We hunted with them last Jan. Myself and a friend we will be heading back down their way in about 2 weeks for some more pig action. Great guys and good hunting can't beat it.
Posts: 10 | From: streator il | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Hammond
SPONSOR
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Hammond   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arwin,
don't shoot pigs HIGHER than deer...shoot them lower...straight up the front leg, above the belly line, but not higher than half way up...STRAIGHT up the line of the front leg mind you...there's only soft stuff there and the heart, lungs, and arteries passing between the two are centered there. Good luck

--------------------
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 8808 | From: Buford GA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fnshtr   Email fnshtr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been following this and all other "Hog Threads" as I'm headed down to hunt with Irv in less than two weeks. My first hog hunt ever!

I'm pumped to say the least.

Thanks for all the info Ray... and others.

--------------------
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Posts: 2612 | From: Rockport West Virginia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©