Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » "From the Field" Water Buffalo Shot placement and Observations . (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "From the Field" Water Buffalo Shot placement and Observations .
Don Batten
Contributor 2013
Member # 7925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Batten   Email Don Batten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff Andy. Thanks for taking the time to put it up.

This should go in the archives to help folks years from now with their questions.

If I ever get over to Oz. (My Brother lives in Sidney) I'm gonna plan my trip around you guys. thanks for the info. Don

--------------------
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Posts: 2305 | From: New Bern .NC | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbowz
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbowz   Email Longbowz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the great info.

It would be nice if you could give your opinion on set ups, bow, arrow weights and especially broadheads that you think are good an those that haven't worked so well. I do understand this puts you on the spot a little so if you have the time a PM would would be great.

I'm very interested in one of these hunts, so expert advice is extremely helpful. I would like to learn more.

--------------------
I find the older I get, the less I used to know!

Posts: 396 | From: Washington (wetside) | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfkiss
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfkiss   Email Wolfkiss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another great post Andy,
very informative.

Thanks for posting.

Andy.

--------------------
Hunting was hazardous, but at least it guaranteed the freedom of the individual.

There is no doubt that the onset of farming saw the end of leasure for the majority of people, who were destined to toil in the fields.

Posts: 294 | From: Wales UK. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steadman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steadman   Author's Homepage   Email steadman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great info Andy. Thanks for the time in doing this [thumbsup]

--------------------
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Posts: 4850 | From: Utah | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozy clint
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozy clint   Email ozy clint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
interesting findings andy. thanks for taking the time. this will be a great help to many.

--------------------
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Posts: 2365 | From: in the hills south of Stanthorpe, Qld, Australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxAg
Contributor 2015
Member # 17471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxAg   Email TxAg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a fantastic thread. Thanks for sharing. You rock!
Posts: 3642 | From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kibok&ko
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kibok&ko   Email kibok&ko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bravissimo ! that cool man / thanks a lot for this super thread !

i put a direct link on our french trad forum

[Not Worthy]

--------------------
save a cow eat a vegetarian !

Posts: 948 | From: France | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aussiebowhunter
Member # 8615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aussiebowhunter   Author's Homepage   Email aussiebowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a lot of good info andy
well done
pat

Posts: 46 | From: cape york/charters towers australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozy clint
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozy clint   Email ozy clint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey andy, i bet the hide is thinner on the frontal shot too??

--------------------
Thick fog slowly lifts
Food for soul and body.

Posts: 2365 | From: in the hills south of Stanthorpe, Qld, Australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its about the same Clint.
A heavy enough arrow and this may just be a chance for a Stone point.....without having to go through the ribs. How brave you feeling these days [readit] [Smile]

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4140 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesKerr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 29492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesKerr   Email JamesKerr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think that thick fiberous hide would be a problem with stone points.

--------------------
James Kerr

Posts: 3694 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozy clint
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15776

perhaps andy. it would take alot more testing and i'm not living in buff country any more. you might have to take the reins on that one. woody would be glad to make you some points i'm sure.

james, stone points seem to work for the hide, it's the ribs they don't like.
http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=000268;p=9

--------------------
Thick fog slowly lifts
Food for soul and body.

Siewho
Member # 21489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siewho   Email Siewho   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very informative especially the front on shot. I would not have attempted this shot but now....I might

--------------------
Siewho

Posts: 70 | From: Western Australia | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeM
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeM   Email JoeM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW this is one of the most informative posts I've ever seen. Well done!! Some one with passion and knowledge!! Joe

--------------------
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 1453 | From: Centereach NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff, Andy.

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©