Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » baldwin mi bear hunt (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: baldwin mi bear hunt
kstout
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kstout   Email kstout   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drew with 11 points this year, but there were over 30 that weren't drawn with 11. So sounds like at least 12 next year.
Posts: 112 | From: big rapids, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckC   Email ChuckC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow. . . sounds even worse than Wisconsin !

I would be 70 or more by then !

Oh well. Thanks for the info
ChuckC

Posts: 7241 | From: Deforest, Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killinstuff
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killinstuff   Email killinstuff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the western UP you can buy a late season OTC tag most years. It's the LP that has guys are waiting in line 11, 12 or more years for a chance at a backyard bear. Crazy thing is there is no shortage of bears in the LP. Shortage of nice bucks but not bears.

--------------------
lll

Posts: 1364 | From: Traverse City Michigan | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Lyon
Charter Member - Contributor 2017
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Lyon   Email Ray Lyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CJ,

I've been up in the Northwest end of the UP for bears. Because of the distance, we were using a guy who started the baits and then each group in after had to keep the baits up and running for the next group. Unfortunately, that's not my cup of tea and it's a poke from TC to run baits up there. I'm hoping to draw a Red Oak tag in a year or two since it takes about 5-6 points for that unit and I've been stocking points since I got my 2008 Baldwin unit bear. I can do my own baiting in the Red Oak Unit as there's some spots that are only 45 minutes from the house.

--------------------
Shrewhaven Lodge co-chef

Posts: 4318 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©