Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » What glove do you use when bowhunting with a sidearm? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What glove do you use when bowhunting with a sidearm?
LBshooter2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LBshooter2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shoot bow lefty and handgun right hand, no worries here.

--------------------
Barta Bow 50lb @ 28
Bear Kodiak Hunter 50@28
Bear Grizzly 45lb @ 28
Bear Grizzly 50 lb
Joe Walsh Custom LB 52@27
Byron ferguson safari, 66 in 59@28
Predator 55@28
Black Widow SA2 51@28

Posts: 377 | From: IL | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalton Gray
Member # 44963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalton Gray   Email Dalton Gray   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would consider looking into the black widow tab....that's what I use and up here we don't have to worry about two legged varmints as much but we've got some critters bigger than volkswagons. I carry a .44 mag. New Model Super Blackhawk and my tab is easy enough to flip to the back side of my hand to have quick access to my pistol. In my opinion the black widow tabs are the best all around tabs there are and the versatility is priceless in the field. Honestly though....don't buy everything people say works because it doesn't always prove true in the field. Do your homework and try your best not to have to end the stalk with a pistol!!! Good luck

--------------------
Dalton

Posts: 35 | From: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miles Bate
Member # 38877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miles Bate   Email Miles Bate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably to late to respond to this, but If I leave the house to hunt a animal that bits. My wife insist on me taking my pistol. I am already pretty slow as is with a cane , all. I use a Caff hair tipped glove (my favorite one). It fits through the trigger guard of my 1911 perfectly. I shoot with it on a lot. If using glove or tab makes sure you can work the firearm ,and shoot accurately.

Ps. If your worried about killing animal quickly then that means you need to practice more.
Best of luck

--------------------
U.S ARMY M.P Retired 2011-2015

Assist, Protect, Defend

Black Dragon 61" 50lb
Samick Sage 50lb
Warf Hunter /******** BlackMax 50lb
Wing Nighthawk 35lb

Posts: 51 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MedicWithAMouth
Member # 43702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MedicWithAMouth   Email MedicWithAMouth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the hiatus and necro-post, but life's been busy.

Normally I'd let sleeping threads lie, BUT I figured i should post my solution in case someone else is wondering "how can I bow hunt AND still be able to draw my side arm if I need it?"

The solution I found for me was to use an AEE Cavelier tab, with the spacer on, and not use the finge loop. If I need to, I can drop it, but I have noticed zero loss of performance so far, and I can wear light weight gloves, with it, which will help with the whole hyperthermia prevention thing.

Posts: 11 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark Willoughby
Contributor 2017
Member # 42619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark Willoughby   Email mark Willoughby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use the Damascus glove and can draw and fire my Smith n Wesson just fine I don't know why somebody would say a pistol wouldn't be effective against dangerous game ? Not to turn this into a topic about the lethality of hand guns but I promise any magnum sized round will transfer more kinetic energy in a o **** face to face him or me encounter

--------------------
Never spend your money before you have earned it ,.... Thomas Jefferson

If you want something you've never had , you must be willing to do something you've never done ,... Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 905 | From: kentucky | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©