JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Knives and Crafters » Anyone know where or how Frank is? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone know where or how Frank is?
americanhunter7
2017 Contributor
Member # 20678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for americanhunter7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all,

I've been off of TG for a while and am just settling back in after a whirlwind of a time over the last 18 months. Has anyone talked with or seen Frank (sticshooter)? I traded him some material a few years back and he was in return making a few knives for me. He had one nearly completed and was starting the second one nearly two years ago.

I attempted to contact him and haven't heard anything back. Just wanted to know if he was okay. I know his mother-in-law had some health issues a few years ago and he had been helping with her and had been absent from the forum for a while. Any news would be great. Hope he and his family are doing well.

--------------------
John [campfire]

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1342 | From: Vallonia, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GRAYBEARD
Contributor 2017
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRAYBEARD   Email GRAYBEARD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking about him the other day. I know Shelley had some issues as well. I have not seen him post in a very long time. I'll be watching your post with prayers that all is OK.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Posts: 4672 | From: NARBERTH, PENNSYLVANIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squirrel Bait
SPONSOR
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squirrel Bait   Email Squirrel Bait   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use to talk with Shell on the phone all the time, then everybody just quit answering the phone. Always thought about them, just didn't want to keep calling.

--------------------
If you've never been in the woods at daylight, and seen the world come alive, you haven't " Lived".

Posts: 984 | From: Winder,Georgia | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2017
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are good people,I hope nothing bad has happened

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 9121 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
americanhunter7
2017 Contributor
Member # 20678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for americanhunter7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still no word from Frank. Anyone know how to contact him besides on here?

--------------------
John [campfire]

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1342 | From: Vallonia, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
L. Harris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L. Harris   Email L. Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were having some pretty serious ongoing medical issues with a couple of family members.

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunting: Cunning and stealth, not gadgets and gizmos!

Posts: 468 | From: North Central Texas | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
americanhunter7
2017 Contributor
Member # 20678

I'm a little concerned and a little bummed...Has anyone seen or heard from Frank in the last year? I'm concerned because of the ongoing issues with his and other family members health.

I bummed because I traded him several old large saw mill blades and several old files that were from my grandfathers old tool chest. I traded him this material back in July of 2011 and had a pretty normal correspondence with him over that year.

The files were worn beyond use and the saw mill blades came from a lumber mill he used to work at. Frank got the material and in return he was going to make me a Camp style knife and a neck knife for all the material I sent to him.

I thought it would be nice to have a blade from each of my grandfathers tools to be resurrected
into a usable tool that I could pass down to my kids later on and tell them how the one tool was used again to make another usable tool.

It's been 5 years since I sent him the material and I last had e-mail correspondence with him in March of 2015. I haven't heard anything since that.

--------------------
John [campfire]

TGMM Family of the Bow

milehi101
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for milehi101   Email milehi101   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am like everyone else sure miss Frank I enjoyed his knives and I also bought quiet a few Antler limb bolts from him when I was building take down bows.. I ran into a Stick shooter over on the Leather wall but it was not him. He also used to post on there back in the day. I have keep a lookout for him but have not seen any posts.
Posts: 125 | From: englewood colo | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
americanhunter7
2017 Contributor
Member # 20678

Wanted to TTT for another try....Seriously bummed over this. Lots of lost material and a few sentimental items that will probably never return to my hand. [Frown] [dunno] [dunno]

--------------------
John [campfire]

TGMM Family of the Bow

tippit
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2017
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe he goes by Frank Suke now. Just saw a link to Frank on his Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1405113796241004&set=a.288535591232169.70101.100002271921899&type=3

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8510 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
americanhunter7
2017 Contributor
Member # 20678

Thanks for the update Jeff....Hope I get a response from Frank this time. I'm hopeful I will.

--------------------
John [campfire]

TGMM Family of the Bow

americanhunter7
2017 Contributor
Member # 20678

Thanks for the update Jeff....Hope I get a response from Frank this time. I'm hopeful I will.

--------------------
John [campfire]

TGMM Family of the Bow

sticshooter
Member # 2000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticshooter   Email sticshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes john reached me and its been a wild ride the last couple of years..... back on track.<><

--------------------
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp Stic."
TGMM

Posts: 9651 | From: Foot of the Cross! < WI | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
americanhunter7
2017 Contributor
Member # 20678

Glad to have you back Frank!

--------------------
John [campfire]

TGMM Family of the Bow

Gil
Contributor 2017
Member # 1363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gil   Author's Homepage   Email Gil   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you posting again Frank

--------------------
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.Right next to the mashed potatoes.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind."

COMPTON TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS

Posts: 896 | From: Odessa, TX | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©