JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Knives and Crafters » New knife shop (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New knife shop
bjansen
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bjansen   Author's Homepage   Email bjansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My latest knife making project – a knife making shop. I was able to build a shop with a maximum space of 461 sq ft …so that is what I built. Concrete and gutters were outsourced – the rest I did myself. Have to thank Doug and Chad for helping me with the rafters, my neighbor Jason for helping me with the roofing felt, my Dad for the siding and paint and my wife and son for some other random tasks/giving me the time to do it. I poured concrete on 8/11/16 and hung the last panel inside on 12/11/16. I burned a lot of weekends out there building this, but it is very nice to have a separate space for this.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Posts: 2265 | From: Germantown, WI | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bjansen
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bjansen   Author's Homepage   Email bjansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

Inside is 20+ year old rough sawn red pine on 2 walls and then metal for the back two walls and ceiling.

-

-

-

Posts: 2265 | From: Germantown, WI | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LC
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC   Email LC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that's a AWESOME shop! Congrats!

--------------------
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Posts: 1219 | From: Morgantown, WV | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Real nice....... [thumbsup]

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15809 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSCATTRAPR
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSCATTRAPR   Email KSCATTRAPR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that's pretty neat!!! I bet it will be hard to get you out of there!
Posts: 641 | From: Buhler, Kansas | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holm-Made
SPONSOR
Member # 1997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holm-Made   Author's Homepage   Email Holm-Made   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice. I bet it is a dream come true for you.

--------------------
www.holmmadetraditionalbows.com

Posts: 1857 | From: MN | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thadbow
Contributor 2017
Member # 21824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thadbow   Email Thadbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great shop Brad, love that touch of the rough cut pine!
Posts: 445 | From: Hershey PA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin Rhea
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin Rhea   Author's Homepage   Email Lin Rhea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love it! Very well done!

--------------------
"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Posts: 4542 | From: Prattsville, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyflinger
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flyflinger   Email flyflinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome shop!
Posts: 171 | From: southern illinois | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_a_hunter
2016 Contributor
Member # 9535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just_a_hunter   Email just_a_hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet!

Todd

--------------------
"Before you get down on yourself because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Posts: 1228 | From: Rangely, Colorado | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bladepeek
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bladepeek   Email Bladepeek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Comfy looking and very well thought out.

Trade ya [Big Grin]

--------------------
62" Blacktail Snakebit LH 38@28
60" Bear Super K 40#@28
66" Sparrow hawk LH 42@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62" Lost Creek Judge RH 44@28
52" Bear KMag LH 45@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 46/43@28

Posts: 4063 | From: Greenville, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbaknife
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbaknife   Email kbaknife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabulous!!

--------------------
When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.
Chief Joseph

Posts: 2780 | From: Watseka, Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job! I guess you will truly be a knife grinding fool, now. You will enjoy this for sure.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4785 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GDPolk
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 36712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GDPolk   Email GDPolk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sure looks nice. I could get cozy in a place like that.

--------------------
Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbow - 53.5lbs @ 29"
GT Traditional 5575 - 225gr up front for 22% FOC

Posts: 1377 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Kissner
Contributor 2014
Member # 1258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Kissner   Email Bill Kissner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brad, you continually amaze me with your skills. No doubt you will be a successful knife maker!

I'll bet this means you are not moving back to Illinois in the near future? [Confused]

--------------------
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Posts: 1222 | From: Wayne City,IL/Mancos,CO | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©