JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Knives and Crafters » A Carbon Steel and Stag Hunter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Carbon Steel and Stag Hunter
Lin Rhea
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin Rhea   Author's Homepage   Email Lin Rhea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was able to get a hunter done this past weekend.
 -

--------------------
"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Posts: 4542 | From: Prattsville, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fallguy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fallguy   Email Fallguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Nice Lin

--------------------
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught" Baba Dioum Conservationist

Posts: 364 | From: Elk River MN | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GRAYBEARD
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRAYBEARD   Email GRAYBEARD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep telling myself I have enough knives and then you put that in front of me!! That knife just oozes tradition and class.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Posts: 4686 | From: NARBERTH, PENNSYLVANIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSCATTRAPR
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSCATTRAPR   Email KSCATTRAPR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful. The blade and the handle Compliment each other very well. I'm a fan of small spacers to separate the handle and guard and those standout very well, just curious, what material are those spacers made from?
Posts: 641 | From: Buhler, Kansas | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin Rhea
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin Rhea   Author's Homepage   Email Lin Rhea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys.

Caley, They are just the standard fiber sheets that are often used. I cut them with scissors, but they are very stiff.

--------------------
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28

Posts: 4542 | From: Prattsville, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSCATTRAPR
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSCATTRAPR   Email KSCATTRAPR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Lin, that stuff really stands out and looks great!
Posts: 641 | From: Buhler, Kansas | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GDPolk
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 36712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GDPolk   Email GDPolk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got to get a hold of some of the amber stag. That stuff just looks fantastic on a hunting blade.

--------------------
Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbow - 53.5lbs @ 29"
GT Traditional 5575 - 225gr up front for 22% FOC

Posts: 1377 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbaknife
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbaknife   Email kbaknife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's pretty sweet.

--------------------
When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.
Chief Joseph

Posts: 2780 | From: Watseka, Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith Zimmerman
Contributor 2017
Member # 2714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Zimmerman   Email Keith Zimmerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful knife AND Powder Measure. My biggest passion reenacting the 1700s.
Posts: 4202 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin Rhea
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14136

Yes Keith, that's my favorite period in this country's history. 1740-1840 Especially the tools and weapons.

--------------------
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©