JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Knives and Crafters » Keeslar Flare without a Plunge Line...Knife Finished With Curly Maple (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Keeslar Flare without a Plunge Line...Knife Finished With Curly Maple
tippit
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2017
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tried something different...

Brute de Forge Keeslar flare without ricosso or plunge line...more like a integral. Finished with a Scotch Brite belt...tippit

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8510 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyflinger
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flyflinger   Email flyflinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. That's a nice handy sized knife.
Posts: 169 | From: southern illinois | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bjansen
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bjansen   Author's Homepage   Email bjansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like that one. Nice work
Posts: 2263 | From: Germantown, WI | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool........ [thumbsup]

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15692 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4runr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VERY nice Sir!

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 8053 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another look at the flare before finish grind...just different with a smooth transition of blade to handle.

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8510 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSCATTRAPR
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSCATTRAPR   Email KSCATTRAPR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it, looks very sleek and smooth. I might have to give this a try since I suck at plunge lines!
Posts: 638 | From: Buhler, Kansas | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Nuckels
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Nuckels   Email Steve Nuckels   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, I have one on the bench that is very similar to yours, so you know I like it!

Steve
------------
Potomac Forge
Member, W.F. Moran Jr. Foundation
ABS Apprentice

Posts: 2271 | From: Hagerstown, MD | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sockrsblur
Contributor 2017
Member # 35720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sockrsblur   Email Sockrsblur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Love the flare, it feels great in the hand. What are you thinking for the handle? There is some nice material in that shop of yours.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Posts: 2095 | From: NY | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Member # 1030

I have 14 knives to handle out...been forging like mad because we head back to Boston in less than two weeks and my cochlear implant. I figured I might not be up to forging for while after that. Puting on handles is easier so I can still have something to do.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Sockrsblur
Contributor 2017
Member # 35720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sockrsblur   Email Sockrsblur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
14 wow I hope you are in the mood to post pictures, love seeing your work Jeff.
Travel safe and good luck with your implant.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Posts: 2095 | From: NY | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Nuckels
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Nuckels   Email Steve Nuckels   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, I hope your procedure will go well, I would be interested to know the details, as I have issues with my hearing.

Regards

Steve
--------
Potomac Forge
Member, W.F. Moran Jr. Foundation
ABS Apprentice

Posts: 2271 | From: Hagerstown, MD | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Member # 1030

Keeslar flare knife finished with Curly Maple handle...

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

benny
Contributor 2017
Member # 8653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for benny   Email benny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like that!
Posts: 441 | From: trinity,nc | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holm-Made
SPONSOR
Member # 1997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holm-Made   Author's Homepage   Email Holm-Made   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Jeff, nice!

--------------------
www.holmmadetraditionalbows.com

Posts: 1852 | From: MN | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©