JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Knives and Crafters » I'm still kickin'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm still kickin'
D.Ellis
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 28908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.Ellis   Email D.Ellis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Trad Gang friends. [Smile]

Sorry for being absent so long. No excuse really other than busy with other things.

I haven't been shooting my bows much in the past year or 2 due to a recurring shoulder problem, not archery related, but it affects my ability to draw my bows. So I have been playing with the rifles more, and that's not kosher here, thus part of my reason for absence.

Not building as many knives lately either, but here are a few that I did in the last several months.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Darcy [campfire]

--------------------
60# GN Lil'Creep Jackknife
67# osage selfbow
62# "Zang Hill" string follow

Posts: 996 | From: Fort Fraser BC Canada | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.Ellis
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 28908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.Ellis   Email D.Ellis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also working on my engraving......this on a rifle action I built from scratch.

-

-

-

Anyway, apologies for being away so long, will try to check in more often.

Cheers,
Darcy [campfire]

--------------------
67# osage selfbow

Posts: 996 | From: Fort Fraser BC Canada | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fallguy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fallguy   Email Fallguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love them all Darcy, good to see you still on the right side of the sod.

--------------------
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught" Baba Dioum Conservationist

Posts: 364 | From: Elk River MN | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you posting again Darcy! And the knives and Gun action is beautiful!

Nothing but class, love them [thumbsup]

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 4019 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrackerNy
2016 Contributor - Assoc Sponsor
Member # 6530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrackerNy   Email TrackerNy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great work on all of them Darcy. Excellent engraving! Glad to see you back.
Posts: 220 | From: New York | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin Rhea
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin Rhea   Author's Homepage   Email Lin Rhea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to see you're still pursuing your skills. I'm loving that gun action.

Nice knives. I like that folder especially but they're all really nice.

--------------------
"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Posts: 4542 | From: Prattsville, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sockrsblur
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 35720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sockrsblur   Email Sockrsblur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful work Darcy, lots to marvel at there. Thanks for checking in sir, simply good to know you are well and see some more of your projects!
[campfire]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Posts: 2164 | From: NY | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSCATTRAPR
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSCATTRAPR   Email KSCATTRAPR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see some of your stuff again sir. All the knives are very, very nice and your engraving on that action is amazing. Thanks for posting your work.
Posts: 646 | From: Buhler, Kansas | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopewell Tom
Contributor 2016
Member # 23301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopewell Tom   Email Hopewell Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And a good old Canadian boy too.

Nice work as always, I really like that 2nd one in the lineup, but like Lin says, they're all nice.

Shoot your guns if you like, just keep those blades coming. Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Posts: 2213 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbaknife
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbaknife   Email kbaknife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lin Rhea:
I'm glad to see you're still pursuing your skills. I'm loving that gun action.

Nice knives. I like that folder especially but they're all really nice.

That's what I was going to say.

--------------------
When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.
Chief Joseph

Posts: 2784 | From: Watseka, Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.Ellis
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 28908

Thanks guys.
Darcy [campfire]

--------------------
67# osage selfbow

Soonerlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soonerlongbow   Email Soonerlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear goodness! That's some nice engraving ya done there!

--------------------
PSE Legacy 55@28

US Army MP 2000-'08

Posts: 608 | From: OK | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killinstuff
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killinstuff   Email killinstuff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see you're still above ground buddy.

--------------------
lll

Posts: 1364 | From: Traverse City Michigan | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.Ellis
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 28908

Hey CJ, good to hear from you as well. [campfire]
Been harassing the bear population?
Darcy

--------------------
67# osage selfbow

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©