JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Knives and Crafters » Looking for a Sheath Maker

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for a Sheath Maker
tippit
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2017
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for a new sheath maker...any suggestions? tippit

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8510 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bigriver
Contributor 2016
Member # 613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigriver   Email Bigriver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob Schrap, he does nice work and reasonable.
http://www.customsheaths.com

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1242 | From: West Bend WI | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2017
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brian,
Thanks...my son was using a western saddle maker in Gunnison, CO...but he decided to stop making knife sheaths. I was also looking at Tree Stump Leather in Maine. I can make nice leather sheaths and do a lot of Kydex scabbard types... but I'd rather be forging.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8510 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bigriver
Contributor 2016
Member # 613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigriver   Email Bigriver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob is a longtime member of the Badger Knife Club, and has made lots of sheaths for my friend and knifemaker Dave Ricke.
I can make pretty good sheaths also, but I hate it. When I get done with a knife, I want to just be done and start another one. Making the sheath bogs me down [bigsmyl]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1242 | From: West Bend WI | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhawk
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 35228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jhawk   Email Jhawk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff,

I am a hobbyist and not a professional, but if you are interested I can show you some examples of sheaths I have made. Gabe Ables (GABLES) used to frequent here and I made sheaths for him. I have sold a number of belts and quivers on this site and quite a few custom holsters.

I have not made anything in about 2.5 years due to a move and building a new home. We just moved in about a month ago and I hope to have my shop set up again soon. When I was making items regularly, I had about a two week turnaround and I think I was charging $35.00 plus shipping.

I use Herman Oak Leather and can get some exotics for inlay. I will tool a sheath and can do limited carving.

Posts: 142 | From: KS | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ric O'Shay
Contributor 2016
Member # 1892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ric O'Shay   Email Ric O'Shay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kenny Rowe....none finer. Mr. Rhea uses him.

http://www.rowesleather.com/index.html

--------------------
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 2917 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Turner
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Turner   Email Bill Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will second Kenny Rowe(rowesleather.com). Ask Linn Rhea what he thinks. You will not be disappointed. [thumbsup]
Posts: 4012 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©