JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2008 » Outback Australia (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Outback Australia
John3
Contributor 2017
Member # 571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John3   Email John3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ben,
Great hunting.. Thank for sharing the pics and the story. Love the country in the pics.

Also thank you for PM'ing me the pics of your donkey hunts.. Way too cool. I have one saved on my screen saver.

John III

--------------------
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor". Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri

Posts: 2944 | From: Berger, Missouri | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The weekend adventure that still has me on a natural high! A sow taken near the Daly River, by wading into a safe swamp. An 80lb Silvertip, with a STOS broadhead on Douglas Fir did the the trick.

-

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamish
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hamish   Email Hamish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great effort Ben as always.

--------------------
Ron Pittsley Predator Classic 59#@28"

Posts: 141 | From: South Gippsland, Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toklat1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toklat1   Email Toklat1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those goats look like a lot of fun to hunt!! They are nice looking also especially those horns. I have a couple of goats here on my place but they don't look like that. What kind of goats are they? Mine are here to keep the grass short! Great photos Ben.

--------------------
Mark Griffin
USAF Retired
1981-2001

"When a Man comes to the mountains, He comes home." John Muir

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 625 | From: Mckinney, Texas | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark, the goats are a ragtag mixture of breeds. They were initially brought to the Outback by merchants following goldrushes. The land and climate suited them well, and they went feral and bred-up into quite a devestating environmental problem.

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JEFF B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JEFF B   Email JEFF B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good going guys!!!looks like ya had fun

--------------------
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Posts: 9466 | From: Baylys Beach New Zealand | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Here's a photo of a young brumby I stalked and took the day before I got the pig. The trophy photo isn't that great, so I'll just share the live version, and a picture of me near where the brumby crashed.

-

-

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

J-dog
2017 Contributor
Member # 6871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J-dog   Email J-dog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dont know if I would wanna be wadin aound in Australia or not! Yall got some big mean lizards down there.

J

--------------------
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Posts: 2050 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

We evaluated this swamp (and the other one) pretty carefully. Based on all the wildlife out in it, the shallow depth, the distance from the river, the lack of deep, dark parts, the lack of reeds, and the lack of tracks or slides, we decided there was very little chance of a lizard being there.

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

J-dog
2017 Contributor
Member # 6871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J-dog   Email J-dog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! This southern boy still be so nervous if a bream jumped in the water behind me i'd have a coronary! LOL!

Great pics

J

--------------------
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Posts: 2050 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamish
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hamish   Email Hamish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pic's Ben, How many leaches did you get suckin on you?

--------------------

Posts: 141 | From: South Gippsland, Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

No leaches up here. Well, I haven't found any yet. I think the crocodiles and king browns eat them all!

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Hamish
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13923

I got one on me when i was out at Howard springs when i lived in Darwin.

--------------------

wayoutwest
Contributor 2015
Member # 12996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wayoutwest   Email wayoutwest   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone give hamish a cup of concrete to harden him up [biglaugh]
Good pics ben, im havin a shocher with the stick ive missed 6 hogs so far i must be gettin close to hitting something now [banghead]

--------------------
Wayoutwest

Posts: 190 | From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamish
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13923

[coffee] arrrr that's better [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©