JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2008 » "The Haunting Buck" (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "The Haunting Buck"
Shawn Leonard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shawn Leonard   Email Shawn Leonard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks great to me too!! Nice mount! Shawn

--------------------
Shawn

Posts: 14118 | From: N.Y | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwin   Email Arwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That mount turned out great! I had the same thing happen to me in 05'. I shot a long tined spike and after a couple days, gave up. I was out rabbit hunting the following January and found him 100 yds from where I had shot. He was laying in tall cattails mixed with thick bushes. I must have passed him 100 times!

--------------------
Just one more step.....please!

Michigan Longbow Association

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Posts: 4272 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonsimoneau
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonsimoneau   Email jonsimoneau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry, WOW, that thing is a beauty. It hurts when you don't find them right away, but finding them later at least gives you some closure. I had the same thing happen to me this year with my 2nd Illinois buck of the season. Did not get an exit hole and only got one lung. Took like 16 hours to find him, and when I did, the coyotes had taken their toll. The mount will still look nice, and I feel good knowing I did the best I possibly could.

I hunted pigs with Gene and Barry one time in Texas. I have never seen so many P&Y class bucks. I think I saw more P&Y bucks in that 5 day hunt than I have seen in my life, and I live in Illinois! Never saw any really big bucks though...just lot's of nice ones. That one you shot looks like a really big Texas buck.

Posts: 3144 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©