JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2008 » St Jude Chortdraw Bow 08 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: St Jude Chortdraw Bow 08
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She's a real killer, took both these last week, Dale's a great bowyer!! and thanks again Dale for donating the bow to the Auction.

A big ol fat white tail doe, Chortdraw Bow 48ish#, AD shaft with 285gr up front (160gr Griz and 125gr adapter), took out her heart at 22 or 23 yards.
 -

Antelope doe, same setup at 25ish yards, the first shot anchored her and the second finished her quickly. The AD/Griz combo shattered practilly her her whole off shoulder with no damage to shaft or broadhead. Now she aint real big but that's still pretty incredible to me!
 -

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8940 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stick_string
Contributor 2012
Member # 10994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stick_string   Email stick_string   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice, very nice!!

--------------------
stick_string

GEN 27:3 (its in the BIBLE!!)

Sarrels Longbow and Brack Drifter

Posts: 733 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vermonster13
SPONSOR
Member # 8675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vermonster13   Email vermonster13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Doug! Congrats!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

http://www.blackswanarchery.com/

Posts: 21856 | From: Rutland, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice job Doug got some good meat there [thumbsup] [clapper]

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4140 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnointedArcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnointedArcher   Author's Homepage   Email AnointedArcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
excellent [thumbsup]

--------------------
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Posts: 2316 | From: Greenville,Michigan | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great-going, Doug!

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4runr
Contributor 2016
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to make meat Doug!

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 8028 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nook
2017 Contributor
Member # 1045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nook   Email Nook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Shooting Doug... Great way to break in a new bow. Jeff

--------------------
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Posts: 1071 | From: Charlottesville, Va | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigRonHuntAlot
Contributor 2007
Member # 8731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigRonHuntAlot   Email BigRonHuntAlot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[bigsmyl] [thumbsup]

--------------------
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Posts: 4499 | From: Jetersville, Amelia County Central Virginia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hormoan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hormoan   Author's Homepage   Email hormoan       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had the pleasure to get to know Dale.
And see some of his bows in action. They are both amazing [thumbsup] The man sure do have some talent!! His wood carvings will leave you in awe also!

Congrats on some fine eating Doug!

Brent
PS it was a pleasure to finally met you and your lovely wife also! [campfire]

Posts: 2981 | From: Otsego, Mi | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amar911
Contributor 2013
Member # 15808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amar911   Email amar911   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,

Your pictures and brief stories are wonderful to have. Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your experiences with all of us. We really appreciate all you do. I'm glad you like you St. Jude's auction bows as much as I do the ones I got on the auction from Chad Holm and Harold Couch. We are fortunate to have someone like you to run the auction and donors like Dale, Chad, Harold, and of course Ron Coffey of Shrew Bow fame, who donate such beautiful and functional bows to raise money for the kids. I also really appreciate all the other donors!

Take care and good hunting (I guess you already have that part),
Allan

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3231 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amar911
Contributor 2013
Member # 15808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amar911   Email amar911   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could not stand all the typing errors in my last post, so here is the corrected version.

Doug,

Your pictures and brief stories are wonderful to have. Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your experiences with all of us. We really appreciate all you do. I'm glad you like your St. Jude's auction bow as much as I do the ones I got on the auction from Chad Holm and Harold Couch. We are fortunate to have someone like you to run the auction and donors like Dale, Chad, Harold, and of course Ron Coffey of Shrew Bow fame, who donate such beautiful and functional bows to raise money for the kids. I also really appreciate all the other donors!

Take care and good hunting (I guess you already have that part),
Allan

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3231 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joseph
Contributor 2007
Member # 2732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph   Email Joseph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

--------------------
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Posts: 1884 | From: Helena, Mt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go bud,congrats!!

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17649 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flatstick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatstick   Email Flatstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Doug,,looks like another good season has begun [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Posts: 1062 | From: West Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©