JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2008 » First and now Second of the Season (new pic) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: First and now Second of the Season (new pic)
Nook
2017 Contributor
Member # 1045

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nook   Email Nook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like to get one in the freezer. It takes the edge off the rest of the season. So, as most of the Cool Springs gang we say" if it's brown it's down". I took this buck on Monday (Oct. 6th) morning. Here is a little tracking pictoral:

I shot him at first light on the edge of a corn field. He had just freshened a scrape under a beech tree 20 yards from me. I waited two hours to begin the tracking. Not because of the hit, but, as not to disturb my hunting buddy Two Hats. He was 150 yards away. First blood ten paces from the take off scuffs:

-

Enterence into the thicket. 20 yards from the hit:

-

My arrow 5 yards further:

-

20 more yards and I spot him:

-

Layed up next to one of his rubs:

-

Time to get out my new Doug Campbell damascus and get busy:

-

Oh Yeah, Back home for the hero Pic:

-

55@29" ,62" Blacktail Elite. Gold Tip 55-75 30.5" with a Wensel Woodsman Arrow weight ~530. Shot distance 14 yards. Taken from a Lone Wolf climbing treestand. Recovery distance ~60 yards.

Jeff

Same Set up. 10 yard quartering to shot at last light. ~150 yard recovery. No arrow No blood. Took a compass reading of the direction she ran. Returned the next morning and found her a short distance from where I last heard her. 7 inches of arrow and my woodsman head were still in the body cavity.

-

[ October 26, 2008, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Nook ]

--------------------
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Posts: 1097 | From: Charlottesville, Va | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stykbow62
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stykbow62   Author's Homepage   Email Stykbow62   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats. Nice shot placement.

--------------------
Bob Lee Sig. Recurve 15" Riser 56@28"
Quinn Stallion Recurve 60@28"
Roland Jenkins Recurve 54@28"

Posts: 164 | From: Humble, Tx | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowspirit
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowspirit   Email Bowspirit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a grand way to start out early in the season...

--------------------
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
-Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
-Chuck Nelson

Posts: 1933 | From: Saratoga County, NY | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JEFF B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JEFF B   Email JEFF B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
awesome jeff!!! i still got the bow i got off ya the supermountain bow

--------------------
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Posts: 9462 | From: Baylys Beach New Zealand | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yellow bow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow bow   Author's Homepage   Email yellow bow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [clapper]
Posts: 2171 | From: new jersey | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BowHuntingFool
Contributor 2008
Member # 14899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowHuntingFool   Email BowHuntingFool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done! Congrats!

--------------------
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Ojibwa Bowhunters

Posts: 3578 | From: S.E.Wisconsin/N.Michigan | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats [thumbsup]

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2685 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ductape
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ductape   Email ductape   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice shot!!
Posts: 343 | From: Rolla MO | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice recovery photos. Well-done!

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Denbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Denbow   Email Jack Denbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Jeff.

--------------------
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Posts: 1619 | From: Nowhere, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peachey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peachey   Email Peachey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good shootin Jeff.
Posts: 504 | From: Shawsville, Va. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2hats
Contributor 2014
Member # 16363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2hats   Email 2hats   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah baby,my turn to put you on deer..Again job well done and now the monkey is off our backs.Whoppeeeeeeee

--------------------
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Posts: 854 | From: charlottesville,va | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carcajou
Contributor 2017
Member # 1206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carcajou   Email Carcajou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff~
I can always count on you for a buck or three! Way to go and nice pictorial!

--------------------
" Brothers of the Flaming Arrow "
" I came in from the Wilderness, a creature void of form"
" TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 4380 | From: Tug Hill, NY | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well done great shot!

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4140 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hunt it
Contributor 2015
Member # 1867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hunt it   Author's Homepage   Email hunt it   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] Congrats and a fine shot!

--------------------
hunt it

Posts: 3710 | From: london,ontario,canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©