JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2008 » My first trad success (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My first trad success
Friends call me Pac
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friends call me Pac   Author's Homepage   Email Friends call me Pac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to some public land on 14 Oct and set up my climber at a creek crossing. I was in the stand about an hour when a wasp stung me just for the fun of it. About an hour went by and all of a sudden I had about 12 wasps buzzing me. It was time to go deer or no deer.

Since I had two hours before dark I decided to leave the climber in the truck and do some scouting. I found a nice trail and leaned up against a tree about 15 yards away.

With about 45 minutes of daylight left I saw this doe coming down the trail. As she got closer she actually left the trail and began going to my right. Not what I was planning and she was only about 5 yards away at one point. For whatever reason she changed her mind and started walking back down the trail again. When she stepped into the exact spot I had picked to shoot a deer if I saw one I drew hit anchor and released. I was standing on the ground and I shot her at about 12 yards.

The arrow passed through and I saw a spray of mist come out from the far shoulder. She took off at a dead run but piled up at 90 yards. It was a very quick death and I am thankful for that.

I was shooting my PSE Impala, 50 lbs @ 28". Arrow was a 2016 and I used a 125 gr 2 blade Magnus.

I want to thank all of you that have helped me accomplish this goal. You folks are the best.

-

--------------------
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames. There is no stopping now. Burn baby burn!

Posts: 1428 | From: Beebe Arkansas | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
recondoc
Member # 16517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for recondoc   Email recondoc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Pac,
Outstanding start to a, hopefully, long and enjoyable future in traditional hunting. The way our forefathers did it for hundreds of years.
Doc

--------------------
Life Member of PETA
(People for the Eating of Tasty Animals)

Posts: 23 | From: Boerne, Texas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tarponnut
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tarponnut   Email tarponnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Great shot. There's nothing like getting them on the ground!
Posts: 2474 | From: FL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LITTLEBIGMAN
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LITTLEBIGMAN   Email LITTLEBIGMAN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
great job , a deer off the ground with traditional gear too! fantastic.

--------------------
Make a life, not a living

Posts: 2944 | From: Rugged SE Minnesota | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the bow man
Contributor 2014
Member # 17802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stan the bow man   Email Stan the bow man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go. GET IT DONE ON THE GROUND [clapper] [clapper] [archer] [archer] [goldtooth]

--------------------
21st Century 66" 52@28
Blackwidow osage PLX 62"#,56 @28"
Massie 64"48@28 Longhorn Longbow
Wesley Special Black bear 72" 50@28

BY THE GRACE OF GOD

Posts: 343 | From: Humble , Texas | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
congrats again buddy [thumbsup] [clapper]

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4140 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flatstick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatstick   Email Flatstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Posts: 1064 | From: West Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friends call me Pac
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friends call me Pac   Author's Homepage   Email Friends call me Pac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had this posted at powwow but had to search to find it. Then I saw this page and it looked like the correct one to post on.

Out of over 5o deer taken in my lifetime this average doe took more effort on my part than any other. I'm very proud of her and never will forget that hunt.

--------------------
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames. There is no stopping now. Burn baby burn!

Posts: 1428 | From: Beebe Arkansas | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MI_Bowhunter
Contributor 2011
Member # 9242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MI_Bowhunter   Email MI_Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Pac!!! Well Done. [clapper] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome." -Harvey Mackay

[archer] MikeD.

Posts: 1313 | From: Flint, MI | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caleb7mm
Contributor 2011
Member # 17672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caleb7mm   Email caleb7mm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good job! got a love it on the ground

--------------------
:0)

Posts: 965 | From: Jasper, GA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats [thumbsup]

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2685 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigRonHuntAlot
Contributor 2007
Member # 8731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigRonHuntAlot   Email BigRonHuntAlot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [Big Grin]

--------------------
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Posts: 4499 | From: Jetersville, Amelia County Central Virginia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwin   Email Arwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way cool!!!! I bet your hooked for life now!! [archer]

--------------------
Just one more step.....please!

Michigan Longbow Association

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Posts: 4272 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LEOPARD
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LEOPARD   Author's Homepage   Email LEOPARD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one! [Wink]

--------------------
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Posts: 1522 | From: Zimbo in UK | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©