JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2008 » Fellowship with Dad and Hunt (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fellowship with Dad and Hunt
BOFF
Contributor 2008
Member # 4767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOFF   Email BOFF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was able to go to Michigan with dad on a deer hunting trip this past month. WOW!! What beautiful colors were to be seen everywhere. The leaves on the trees seemed to be popping out with vibrant colors that exploded in the air. The pictures don't do them any justice. Enjoy. [Smile]

If this is too big across, Mods, let me know and I'll adjust.

-  -

-  -
 -  -

More to come

Posts: 1597 | From: TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOFF
Contributor 2008
Member # 4767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOFF   Email BOFF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have never seen a black squirrel in the wild before, as to my knowledge, we don't have any here in Alabama. Was tickled to get some pictures.

-

Was able to take a wonderful buck, but the fellowship with dad, a new scenery, and time away from work was far better.
 -
 -

Posts: 1597 | From: TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerardo
Contributor 2014
Member # 15145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerardo   Author's Homepage   Email Gerardo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
these are the moments that count , the memories of life and an unforgetable hunt , nice pictures please send equipment info

--------------------
Gerardo Rodriguez

Posts: 1525 | From: Monterrey , Mexico | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zenzele
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11457

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zenzele   Email Zenzele   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great job,
I was fortunate enough to rifle hunt with my dad befor he past on - shame cause I think he would have loved bowhunting. Still have many cherished memories though. Enjoy every minute of it, life is short! [thumbsup]
Oh, and great buck btw! [Wink]

--------------------
'It's better to have less thunder in the mouth, and more lightning in the hand.' - Apache proverb

Posts: 239 | From: African in London | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
awesome great smile says it all! congrats on a great deer

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4140 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beaut photography. Well-done.

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tarponnut
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tarponnut   Email tarponnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a hunt, congratulations!
Posts: 2472 | From: FL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
Contributor 2017
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats and great pics. Can't beat the vibrance of the fall

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 6897 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yellow bow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow bow   Author's Homepage   Email yellow bow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what a great buck,congrats! [thumbsup]
Posts: 2171 | From: new jersey | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOFF
Contributor 2008
Member # 4767

Thanks for the replies. The time with dad and fellowship will be a memory etched in my brain for a long time.

quote:
Originally posted by Gerardo:
these are the moments that count , the memories of life and an unforgetable hunt , nice pictures please send equipment info

Morrison Shawnee 54" 56lbs@26"

55/75 Gold Tip with 50gr brass inserts
WW broad head with 125 gr steel inserts
590 gr total weight

bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats [thumbsup]

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2685 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blueslfb
Contributor 2016
Member # 12165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blueslfb   Email blueslfb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice. I miss the time in the woods with my dad. Best times of my life. Congrats on a nice buck.
Posts: 525 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Christensen
Member # 13255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Christensen   Email Jon Christensen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,
Great pics, love those fall colors.
Looks like you both had a great time.

Hunting with your Dad...Priceless!!!!!!

I'll be going out hunting with my Dad and brother in a few weeks. He just retired last year so this is his first extended hunting trip in many years. I'm really looking forward to it.
Thanks for the pics.
Jon

--------------------
Jon Christensen
ABS Mastersmith

Posts: 28 | From: Shepherd, Mt. | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flatstick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatstick   Email Flatstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures and memories [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Posts: 1062 | From: West Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shortstroke 91
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shortstroke 91   Email shortstroke 91   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know exactly what you're saying. I got to hunt last year with my DAD for the first time in 20 years. We didn't get anything but it was a great time spending time with the man who first introduced me to the outdoors. Coming home without meat didn't detract even the slightest from the feelings of being there.

Awesome deer by the way.

--------------------
shortstroke 91
TBOT Life Member

"BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW"

Posts: 867 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©