JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2008 » 08 buck

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 08 buck
mike hall
Contributor 2015
Member # 3540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike hall   Email mike hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Pretty short and very sweet story on this guy.
I left work a little early Tuesday because my coworkers were talking about seeing bucks on their feet in the late morning. Lucky for me I did, turned out to be a great hunt.
Packed up and headed to a small farm about 15 minutes from the house. Had to drive through some small showers but nothing major and temps were in the 40's I think. Suited up and on the walk back around 2ish I jumped a deer on the neighbors property, it was upwind so not the end of the world. Made my way to my lock-on and climbed up. I guess it took me 10 minutes or so to get settled in so I decided to hit a couple doe grunts. Within a few minutes I have a doe walking behind my tree and she hung out for five minutes or so before heading up the hill. I let a little time pass and toss a couple "buck chasing doe" grunts at em. Sure enough, a few minutes later a 4 point walks through at 15 yards and heads up the hill.
I'm thinking,if it aint broke don't fix it. Threw another round of grunts and a couple bleats. Couple minutes go by and a 6 point walks in behind me and up the hill.
Seeing a pattern? lol
Decided after another 10 minutes or so to try again and nothing this time......................maybe 30 minutes ticks off and down the hill in front of me I see a deer running strait to me. Whaaaaaat, it's another 4 point. He hung out in front of me eating locust tree seed pods like my kids munch popcorn. He gets his fill and moves off.
Before I had time to settle back down something grabs my attention off my left shoulder. In the thicket I see the face of a deer. A second or two later the 8 point is out and moving down hill on my left 20 yards out. Dang man if he keeps going strait I'm out of luck. Bow arm is up following his ribs as he passed behind one branch, to one twig to one leaf and boom, on a dime he cuts right at a quick walk he's on a trail that brings him front and center to my opening and my shot! No time to think, no time to second guess, no time to feel the nerves, just, "maaaaa" to stop, pick a rib and off it went. The Wensel Woodsman teamed up with my Brackenbury put him down within seconds. He ran out about 60 yards or so and fell in a lower field just out of view. After an hour in the tree I headed down hill to find my boy. First I found the fletched half of my arrow and then 10 steps further, there he was.
Thank you Lord, your gift is much appreciated.

[ November 13, 2008, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: mike hall ]

Posts: 972 | From: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autumn Whitetails
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autumn Whitetails   Email Autumn Whitetails   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

--------------------
Autumn Whitetails

Posts: 683 | From: NY | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerardo
Contributor 2014
Member # 15145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerardo   Author's Homepage   Email Gerardo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow nice story, and excellent harvest, keep getting out there!!!!

--------------------
Gerardo Rodriguez

Posts: 1525 | From: Monterrey , Mexico | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fletcher
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2016
Member # 1125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fletcher   Email Fletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on a fine buck, Mike! [clapper] I bet work was fun on Wednesday.

--------------------
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Posts: 5883 | From: Rochester, IL | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats [thumbsup]

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2685 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
congrats

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4140 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yellow bow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow bow   Author's Homepage   Email yellow bow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[clapper] [thumbsup]
Posts: 2171 | From: new jersey | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keefer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keefer   Author's Homepage   Email Keefer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats and good story...Nice looking buck..God Bless, Keefers <")))><
Posts: 4085 | From: Hurlock Maryland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [bigsmyl]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30671 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flatstick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatstick   Email Flatstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats and great story [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
I have to believe that it is those times when we have to react quickly are the times instincts kick in and we make our best shots. Most of my "best shots" ,,I don't remember the anchor or release. Just the sight of the arrow hitting it's mark. I wish I could say that it happens every shot but then I would be known as a liar [Smile]

--------------------
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Posts: 1064 | From: West Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwin   Email Arwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome, God IS good!!!!!

--------------------
Just one more step.....please!

Michigan Longbow Association

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Posts: 4272 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Surtees
Contributor 2010
Member # 1349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Surtees   Email Chris Surtees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [archer]
Posts: 8060 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjones
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjones   Email cjones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice buck Mike! Congrats [thumbsup]

--------------------
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 4259 | From: West Union, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LEOPARD
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LEOPARD   Author's Homepage   Email LEOPARD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done! [Wink] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Posts: 1522 | From: Zimbo in UK | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©