JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2008 » went goat hunting on the weekend. a pictorial

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: went goat hunting on the weekend. a pictorial
ozy clint
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozy clint   Email ozy clint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i went for a goat hunt at an old stomping ground of mine on the weekend, this time toting my recurve. this is the first time i've hunted my patch with a trad bow. had an enjoyable few days in the bush. it was great to get amongst the stinkies again. most of the terrain was quiet steep. ok, so it's not the rockies but it's not bad for the flattest continent on earth, LOL. here's a few photo's of my outing. enjoy, i know i did.

--------------------
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Posts: 2364 | From: in the hills south of Stanthorpe, Qld, Australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozy clint
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozy clint   Email ozy clint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, i've remembered how to post pics.

-

-

-

here's a pig wallow i found on top of the hill.
 -

while following a game trail i was lead to this unusual dead tree. looks like the bower of some mutant bowerbird. strange things you see in the bush, hey.

-

i managed to take a respectable billy. clean missed the 1st shot. he was nice enough to hang around to give me another chance. took him a bit high through the shoulders but i thought it was allright. following the blood trail, he got up and moved on. no vitals hit. he laid down again. i managed to get close and take a follow up shot to finish the job. this was my 1st animal that i had taken with the 69# limbs of my bob lee.

-

later on in the day things were pretty quiet so i told my mate to do some goat calls. he's good at it. within 5 minutes we had 2 little meat billies at about 5 metres. one shot from each of us and the meat was made. quiet good fun.

-

thought i'd share some good memories with you lot. good hunting, clint.

--------------------
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Posts: 2364 | From: in the hills south of Stanthorpe, Qld, Australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoLo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoLo   Email JoLo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those aussie pics are my favorits, thanks for sharing, and congrats on the goats.
Posts: 338 | From: Denmark | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stick_string
Contributor 2012
Member # 10994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stick_string   Email stick_string   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very Nice!! Well done!!

--------------------
stick_string

GEN 27:3 (its in the BIBLE!!)

Sarrels Longbows and Brack Drifter

Posts: 735 | From: Divide, Colorado | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good stuff, Clint!

[thumbsup] [archer] [clapper]

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
great job Clint, nice work on the follow up

thanks for sharing

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4140 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
medic77
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for medic77   Email medic77   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goats would be a blast to hunt. Congrats

--------------------
You're Off to Great PLACES!
Today is YOUR day!
You're MOUNTAIN is Waiting.
So....Get on Your WAY! - Dr. Seuss

Posts: 912 | From: Festus, Missouri | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOFF
Contributor 2008
Member # 4767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOFF   Email BOFF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pics of the territory!!

Man the 1st goat has some propellers!! [thumbsup]

Posts: 1597 | From: TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwin   Email Arwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That looks like a ton of fun!! Congrats!

--------------------
Just one more step.....please!

Michigan Longbow Association

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Posts: 4272 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Surtees
Contributor 2010
Member # 1349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Surtees   Email Chris Surtees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [bigsmyl] [clapper]
Posts: 8060 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matabele
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matabele   Email Matabele   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing!
Posts: 537 | From: Zimbabwe | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LEOPARD
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LEOPARD   Author's Homepage   Email LEOPARD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice goats mate! Thanks for sharing! [Wink] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Posts: 1522 | From: Zimbo in UK | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©