JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2008 » Stan & Clay's Rocksprings Hunt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stan & Clay's Rocksprings Hunt
Coach Clay
Member # 18063

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Coach Clay   Author's Homepage   Email Coach Clay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GIT-R-DONE!!! What a great weekend. We got to the ranch around lunch time on Thursday, unloaded and headed out for our stands. Well, about 5:30 this old buck walks out looking for does...
 -
But all he got was a Zwickey Hickey off the end of my arrow. Liver shot! He ran about 40 yds. and that was that. He was probably a 10 point but he must have been getting his rear kicked during the rut because his right antler was broken off at the base, and his left was broken just past the second tine. Man what a RUSH for only my second traditional kill.

Friday morning and it was Stan's turn. He could hear it breathing, but couldn't see him. Then outta nowhere here comes this young 8 point about 10-15 yds. out quartering away...
 -
He thought it was going to be an easy shot, but then that buck turned his head and looked straight towards Stan. Man, he thought he was busted, but the buck just turned back around and started to head towards some corn. Stan didn't even give that poor buck a chance to taste it. Double lung shot -- TASTY!! He ran about 100 yds.

Okay, last evening hunt of the weekend was Saturday, because the weather dropped to 31 and the wind was gusting at 15-20 mph. by Sunday morning. I went to my bow blind where I shot that buck on Thursday. About 5:00 eight does show up and start munching on some corn. I was about to shoot a nice doe, only when I went to pull back on her my arrow rest made an awful noise and there were too many eyes not to be busted. They all ran execpt this young one...
 -
so I got her with a double lung shot at about 10 yds. GIT-R-DONE!! She ran about 30 yds. Couldn't of had a better time. Side note: My Father and Uncle who are both Smoke-pole hunters (Rifle) didn't shoot a thing!! Power to the TRAD GANG!!
Thanks, Clay

[ December 24, 2008, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

Posts: 2 | From: Humble, Texas | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerardo
Contributor 2014
Member # 15145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerardo   Author's Homepage   Email Gerardo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice hunt!!! congrats!!!!! so the rut is in, we are here in mty and the bucks are just starting run

--------------------
Gerardo Rodriguez

Posts: 1525 | From: Monterrey , Mexico | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the bow man
Contributor 2014
Member # 17802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stan the bow man   Email Stan the bow man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
way to go Clay thanks for being a great friend [campfire] [clapper] [archer] [Not Worthy] [knothead]

--------------------
21st Century 66" 52@28
Blackwidow osage PLX 62"#,56 @28"
Massie 64"48@28 Longhorn Longbow
Wesley Special Black bear 72" 50@28

BY THE GRACE OF GOD

Posts: 343 | From: Humble , Texas | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Surtees
Contributor 2010
Member # 1349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Surtees   Email Chris Surtees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [bigsmyl]
Posts: 8060 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent adventure!

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17649 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yellow bow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow bow   Author's Homepage   Email yellow bow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup]
Posts: 2171 | From: new jersey | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats [thumbsup]

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2685 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ybuck
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ybuck   Email Ybuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent gentlemen! Great pics, and congratulations!

--------------------
Steve.

Posts: 862 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
very nice congrtas

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4140 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LEOPARD
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LEOPARD   Author's Homepage   Email LEOPARD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done! [Wink]

--------------------
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Posts: 1522 | From: Zimbo in UK | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats [thumbsup]

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2685 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©