JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » LOUISIANA - Louisiana Traditional Bowmen » LTB North Vs South 3/9 & 3/10

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LTB North Vs South 3/9 & 3/10
cajnhuntr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajnhuntr   Email cajnhuntr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOUISIANA TRADITIONAL BOWMEN
PRESENTS THE
NORTH vs SOUTH
SHOOT OUT AND RENDEZVOUS
AT
MOUNTAIN BAYOU BOY SCOUT CAMP
MARCH 9TH and 10TH, 2013
THIS IS THE FUN SHOOT OF THE YEAR, REGISTER FOR EITHER THE NORTH OR THE SOUTH
DOESN’T REALLY MATTER WHERE YOU ARE FROM, SHOOT THE 25 TARGETS AS MUCH AS YOU WANT
TURN IN YOUR BEST SCORE FOR THE WEEKEND THE SCORES WILL BE AVERAGED, THE WINNING SIDE
WILL HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS FOR A YEAR; AWARDS FOR THE TOP SHOOTER FOR EACH SIDE.
COST FOR MEMBERS: $10 FOR ONE DAY AND $15 FOR BOTH DAYS
CONCESSIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE DURING THE SHOOT
NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
CALIFORNIA START
SATURDAY – 9:00 am, SCORE CARDS IN AT 4:00 pm SUNDAY – 8:00 am, SCORE CARDS IN AT 2:00 pm
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING
DON JACKSON TOMMY BELL MICHAEL HARBISON
337-786-5982 337-367-8903 337-725-3616
donnyjack@centurytel.net tbell@epbreaux.com BTARCHERY@centurylink.net
or
http://www.traditionalbowmen.org/DesktopDefault.aspx
LODGING
Make reservations for cabins, hotels or state park early!
Mt. Bayou Lake Boy Scout Camp has cabins to stay in – Rent the entire Cabin for $40 per
night or $10 per person. The cabins sleep four and have A/C.
Call Michael Harbison at 337-842-2033 to reserve.
There is primitive camping at Mountain Bayou Lake Boy Scout Camp.
There is a limited amount of camper hookups.
There will be showers available.
VILLE PLATTE CHICOT STATE PARK: BUNKIE
BEST WESTERN Cabin rental is available - BAILEY HOTEL
1919 East Main Street $85.00 per night (six people capacity) 200 West Magnolia St.
Ville Platte, LA $120.00 per night (eight people capacity) Bunkie, LA
337-360-9961 Camper hook-ups are also available 1-866-346-7111
www.bestwestern.com 337-363-2403 or 1-888-677-2442 www.baileyhotel.com
http://www.crt.state.la.us/parks/ichicot.aspx

--------------------
Black Widow PCH II 58" 57#
Black Widow PLV 64" 57#
South Louisiana, USA

Posts: 168 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
donnyjack
Contributor 2015
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for donnyjack   Author's Homepage   Email donnyjack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting info Tony.

--------------------
Love Life, Bowhunt, Flyfish, and Play a Martin Guitar [thumbsup]

Posts: 181 | From: Singer, Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajnhuntr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajnhuntr   Email cajnhuntr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any time. I also posted on some other local sites to collect some interest. Had a few people asking.

I talked to Mike the other day, I will not be able help with setup but I will stay for the pick up on Sunday.

--------------------
Black Widow PLV 64" 57#
South Louisiana, USA

Posts: 168 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stickbowmaniac
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stickbowmaniac   Author's Homepage   Email stickbowmaniac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tony.I'll defintly try to be there.

--------------------
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs
Kodiak Magnum 52" 50#@28"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Posts: 817 | From: New Iberia,Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awbowman
Contributor 2013
Member # 24545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for awbowman   Email awbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be there

--------------------
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Posts: 4185 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajnhuntr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16024

Thanks to everyone that came out to shoot this weekend. Had a great time as always.

--------------------
Black Widow PLV 64" 57#
South Louisiana, USA

LAMADMAN
Member # 35638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAMADMAN   Email LAMADMAN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had fun Tony. Thats a nice place to shoot. How was the turn out on Sunday? Are yall going to post the scores somewhere?
Posts: 35 | From: LA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StickSlinger74
Contributor 2016
Member # 34483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StickSlinger74   Email StickSlinger74   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a great time out Saturday and Sunday! Thanks to the LTB guys that put this on!
Posts: 265 | From: LA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ARCHER2
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ARCHER2   Email ARCHER2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, which team came out ahead, North or South?
I wasn't able to make it but I bet everyone had a great time. I'm hoping to make the Sterling Harrell shoot.
Charlie

--------------------
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 1706 | From: Bastrop, Louisiana | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trip
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trip   Email trip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't make it either, but I was told that the North won this year. Congrats!
Posts: 287 | From: Thibodaux, Louisiana | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awbowman
Contributor 2013
Member # 24545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for awbowman   Email awbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They say the north won, I think they lied! lol

Seriously, the course was great. Had a great time.

--------------------
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Posts: 4185 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajnhuntr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16024

quote:
Originally posted by LAMADMAN:
Had fun Tony. Thats a nice place to shoot. How was the turn out on Sunday? Are yall going to post the scores somewhere?

They don't post scores for the N Vs S shoot. We just total all the scores and averaged out for one score each. And yes, the North won this time but it was a good time anyway. Hope to see everyone back for the Sterling Harold.

--------------------
Black Widow PLV 64" 57#
South Louisiana, USA

ARCHER2
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ARCHER2   Email ARCHER2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Guys,
How many folks were there? Just curious about the turnout.
Charlie

--------------------
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 1706 | From: Bastrop, Louisiana | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajnhuntr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16024

Turnout was down, I think there were about 35 shooter.

--------------------
Black Widow PLV 64" 57#
South Louisiana, USA

ARCHER2
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11150

That doesn't seem like very many shooters. We all need to come up with a plan to get more people involved in traditional shooting. I know I need to go to more of the local shoots just to let folks see there's an alternative to the high tech wheel bows.
Charlie

--------------------

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©