Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Tenbrook Archery
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Timothy Loran & Dad

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » What did you do today? (Page 17)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  229  230  231   
Author Topic: What did you do today?
Roy from Pa
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Jon.

Today I'm fighten a bad cold, no bow work for a while here..

Posts: 7571 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SportHunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 25506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SportHunter   Email SportHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shaping & sanding today, deciding on finish.
Posts: 1384 | From: IL | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
red hill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for red hill   Email red hill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Jon! Don't listen to H8noncubs. That aint the reason. The real reason is you'll both be too tired after chasin' the kid all day! [dunno]

I shot my HBO and old HBH and two bows I was repairing. Both are HBO. One had a tip overlay of osage split. It split again after 3 shots so back to trying to repair. Think I'll grind off the first overlay, glue on a new one, and rasp it into shape. The second repair job wasn't really a repair. I had to add an arrow rest for a leftie. How many of you are right handed but shoot south paw? Or vice-versa? [Confused]

Posts: 2013 | From: El Dorado, Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Landis
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Landis   Email Dan Landis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Jon!!!!

Hunted this morning and evening, worked in the middle of the day.

Posts: 814 | From: Abbottstown, PA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nim-rod
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nim-rod   Email Nim-rod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worked on the bow for the swap and helped along my bow building "student" with his first bow from a hickory stave I gave him. I just hope he sands it very smooth and then sands it some more like I suggested. I want him to have a really nice bow when finished not like the rough looking board bow he "finished" a few months ago.

--------------------
Proud to be "regressing"

Posts: 246 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SportHunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 25506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SportHunter   Email SportHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 1384 | From: IL | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got the Buffalo Horn tips glued on a bbo.

-

-

-

Got another bbo glued up.

-

-

-

-

Posts: 7571 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DVSHUNTER
Contributor 2014
Member # 15455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DVSHUNTER   Author's Homepage   Email DVSHUNTER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im working on a hockory build along. Slowly.

Way to fight off the sniffles roy! [clapper]

Looking good.

--------------------
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Posts: 2990 | From: O' Fallon, MO | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa
Contributor 2014
Member # 2169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Papa   Email Papa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finished my financial statements!!!
Posts: 589 | From: Jonesboro, AR | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keenan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keenan   Email Keenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking great Roy.
For the last five days we have been working on cleaning out a back room in the shop. Just found the floor for the first time in a few years. It was an old tool repair room that turned into a junk pile. It will be some nice storage area for bow bench parts and staves.
Worked on my sons first buckskin today. He got his first deer this year so I decided to make a warshirt for him with it.

--------------------
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Posts: 603 | From: Bend,Oregon | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DVSHUNTER
Contributor 2014
Member # 15455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DVSHUNTER   Author's Homepage   Email DVSHUNTER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aweaome keenan. Congratulations on the deer. Bow old is your boy? I took my 8 year old elijah out this spring for his first turkey. What a great feeling as a father.

--------------------
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Posts: 2990 | From: O' Fallon, MO | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keenan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keenan   Email Keenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, He is 13. Here in Oregon you have to be 12 to hunt. He missed hunters safty his first year and was unable.
You are right it is some awesome father son time of building memories.

--------------------
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Posts: 603 | From: Bend,Oregon | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soopernate
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soopernate   Email soopernate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you need my address for that bow Roy or you gonnna make me have to build my own. Looks like its gonna be a sweet shape.

--------------------
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Posts: 640 | From: Billings, Montana | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snakebit40
Contributor 2014
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snakebit40   Email snakebit40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everybody!

I worked on my board bow some more last night. I'm hoping to have some tiller pics up by Sunday.

--------------------
Jon Richards

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 62@28
Schafer Silvertip 71@28

Posts: 1630 | From: Studley, Kansas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goose Gossett
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goose Gossett   Author's Homepage   Email Goose Gossett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Keenan: I understand the feeling of seeing the floor for the first time in a while. Yesterday I cleaned a pile of rock chips and I remembered oh yeah this floor is somewhat level.

A few hours in the shop today with my buddy Will yielded a few hickory/ipe and bamboo/ipe glue up kits. One might find it's way to being a trade bow. [Smile]

-
 -
 -

--------------------
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Posts: 478 | From: Fort Smith, AR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  229  230  231   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©