Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » 54" Hybrid Build-Along (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: 54" Hybrid Build-Along
choochoou
Contributor 2016
Member # 35160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for choochoou   Email choochoou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or something else is what I meant to say.Thanks Joe

--------------------
It's all fun and games, until someone gets hurt...then its hilarious!

Posts: 162 | From: PA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by choochoou:
This has been awesome. this may be a stupid question but here goes.. When you wet sand what do you wet sand with is it water or something . Thanks again Joe

Yea same question
Water would get the wood to wet?

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1840 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dannon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dannon   Email Dannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get a bucket of water and put a small amount of dish soap in the water, soak the sand paper in the water till its soft and pliable then sand with that. It will just smooth the finish before the final finish is added. I didn't mean to hijack his question but I've done some wet sanding on vehicles so I thought I would jump in.
Posts: 157 | From: Camden, Arkansas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JGR1269
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 39356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JGR1269   Email JGR1269   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correct. A bucket of clean water and some 600 grit.
Posts: 100 | From: Bolivar, New York | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
choochoou
Contributor 2016
Member # 35160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for choochoou   Email choochoou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys I love the site.Joe

--------------------
It's all fun and games, until someone gets hurt...then its hilarious!

Posts: 162 | From: PA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LESKEN2011
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35927

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LESKEN2011   Email LESKEN2011   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is one sweet finished product!! [clapper]

--------------------
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Posts: 284 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JGR1269
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 39356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JGR1269   Email JGR1269   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wet sanded it tonight and looked it over really well for any imperfections.

-

It looks good so I'll tack it off, apply a few more coats of Deft and let it dry overnight.

-

Tomorrow I'll wet sand with 1500 grit just to knock off any dust or lint in the last coats and it will be ready for the final finish. FedEx didn't show up with it today so it looks like it will be here tomorrow.

Posts: 100 | From: Bolivar, New York | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gene atkinson
Member # 39116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gene atkinson   Email gene atkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really enjoyed this build along . very nice work ! will definitely be coming back again to look and read threw . thank you for sharing you're work and skill.
Posts: 38 | From: laurel md | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chall
2017 Contributor
Member # 39295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chall   Email chall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks fantastic . Thanks for posting the build along!

--------------------
Eric Hall, Chris Hall , Cyndy Hall

Posts: 455 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1480 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigbob2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigbob2   Email bigbob2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! It really comes up something unreal! Great!
Posts: 1877 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JGR1269
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 39356

Does anybody dislike FedEx as much as I do? According to the tracking info my finish material was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago. I still don't have it and they don't know where it is. I thought even FedEx could get a package from Pennsylvania to New York in less than a week. I guess I overestimated their ability. Unbelievable!
chackworth3
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chackworth3   Author's Homepage   Email chackworth3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like we'll have to keep waiting to find out what this finish is going to be... [coffee]
Posts: 575 | From: TX | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dannon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dannon   Email Dannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that bow is no good without the finish, so you might as well just send it to me. I'll find something to do with it!
Posts: 157 | From: Camden, Arkansas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JGR1269
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 39356

I'll get it right out via FedEx. You should have it about 3 days after never.
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©