Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » What did you do today, 2016 (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  41  42  43   
Author Topic: What did you do today, 2016
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes for you Robert. Hope you recover well.

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2478 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for God's best Robert

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 4999 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buemaker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buemaker   Email Buemaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish you all the best Robert [Smile] Bue
Posts: 1978 | From: Norway | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robertfishes   Email Robertfishes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I feel pretty good today, not in the pain I was expecting! I am taking tylanol and taking it easy. Stiches come out early next week.
Posts: 3488 | From: Ocala , Florida | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's good, Robert...
Posts: 10431 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robertfishes   Email Robertfishes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found some nice "burl maple" for limb veneers. Now I need to get some clear fiberglass, I'm gonna be busy in the shop building ILF limbs when I'm 100%..  -  -
Posts: 3488 | From: Ocala , Florida | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is some nice wood!

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 4999 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robert, where did you find that burl?

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2478 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Mecredy
SPONSOR
Member # 8133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Mecredy   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Mecredy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glued tips and grips on one longbow, shaped the grips/sight window/shelf and cut nocks, on 3 longbows, glued up a riser block, fixed my drum sander, Looked for one of my rasps for a long time....

--------------------
-Maddog
TGMM Family of the bow

Maddog Archery
USAF, Retired
Minidoka Bowmen
A.C.B.C.S.

Posts: 2104 | From: Pahrump Nevada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedStag5728
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedStag5728   Email RedStag5728   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night took my hide out of the wood ash/water solution and rubbed the hair off the hide which came out so easily! I just used the side of my hand as a plow and brushed it off and then went back with a rag and cleaned up. I cut some slits and ran a piece of rope through one end and secured it to some stakes down at the creek to rinse all the alkalinity out.

The weather has been pretty cold and the water in the creek is very cold, so I am going to leave it through tonight as well and take it out tomorrow and membrane it (gives the hide a day and a half to rinse out). Then it's tacking it up and letting it dry.

Other wise I started to remove the bark and inner bark off of another hickory stave. I found that this stave has a beautiful big knot at mid limb on one limb that extends from the edge of the stave to the middle of the stave. And like a foot towards the handle from the knot is a series of 4 pin holes in a line and evenly spaced out, that look like either barbed wire poked in or a woodpecker with OCD went to town. [laughing] [dunno]

I filled the holes with wood glue and dust and then put super glue around them as well as around the knot, hopefully this stave will yield an interesting bow for my hunting bow this year! [thumbsup]

-

-

-

--------------------
Randy
CTA RedStag LB 64" ntn 57# @ 28"
Hickory SB (#2) 64" ntn 43# @ 28"
Hickory East Woodland SB 65# @ 27"

Posts: 314 | From: Orange, Virginia | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bobcat from the other day being released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYzO_etf3Ok&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 10431 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canopyboy
Contributor 2013
Member # 24537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canopyboy   Email canopyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty cool Roy.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Posts: 1961 | From: Fairfax Station, Virginia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomohr84
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomohr84   Email Jomohr84   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You didn't go an pet 'im Roy? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jonathan Mohr

Posts: 284 | From: Crookston, Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jomohr84
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jomohr84   Email Jomohr84   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess you wanted to keep your hands, can't blame ya

--------------------
Jonathan Mohr

Posts: 284 | From: Crookston, Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canopyboy
Contributor 2013
Member # 24537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canopyboy   Email canopyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know Randy, orange isn't that far away. We should meet up some day.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Posts: 1961 | From: Fairfax Station, Virginia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  41  42  43   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©